- Very Good
- 21 guest reviews
"the hotel is as expected right on the river in an excellent location, for town, views and walks. We stayed for two nights and used the excel..."
"When we got there we had been given a double room when it should have been a twin room and the hotel was fully booked. We were then given a..."
"Beautiful hotel situated on, with views of, the river and bridge from the rooms and breakfast dining room. Only a very short walk from the t..."
"The Riverside Hotel is awkward to access due to Kendal's one way system and the confirmation email from Laterooms did not give an address so..."
"A very comfortable hotel in a great location. The standard double was a well proportioned room with a comfortable bed and all of the feature..."
About the hotel
This 17th century hotel is situated on the banks of the River Kent and there is an array of things to do and see nearby. For those looking to get true a taste of the outdoors, then Lake Windermere is only ten minutes away with attractions such as lake cruises and the World of Beatrix Potter museum.
Hotel guests can enjoy The Sanctuary leisure club which benefits from a heated swimming pool, sauna, steam room, hot tub, gymnasium and exercise studio.
The hotel has ample FREE car parking and the train station is just around the corner too so accessing the Riverside Hotel could not be easier.
The Riverview Restaurant uses local produce, some of which comes from the hotel’s own Victorian kitchen garden.
Most of the rooms have views of the River Kent. Features include satellite TV, tea and coffee, a private bathroom and FREE Wi-Fi.
We regret to inform our customers that due to recent flooding, our ground floor bedrooms are currently being refurbished. The lift is also temporarily out of order. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause our guests.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available , Pets Allowed
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- Gymnasium , Indoor Pool , Fitness Centre , Sauna , Steam Rooms , Jacuzzi
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
- Ground floor bedrooms , Lift to all floors
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
90% would recommend it to a friend
great break at riverview
the hotel is as expected right on the river in an excellent location, for town, views and walks.
We stayed for two nights and used the excellent leisure facilities that were available at no extra cost, the restaurant and bar areas were clean and tidy with friendly and well mannered staff. We will look forward to staying here again in the future.
When we got there we had been given a double room when it should have been a twin room and the hotel was fully booked.
We were then given a mattress on the floor, which was called a put you up bed?. This was not very comfortable. However the next day we were moved to an twin room on the first floor which has obviously been decorated and upgraded and this was good, but the shower tap and fan in the bathroom was broken. The staff were very friendly and helpful throughout the stay. I would stay here again.