- Very Good
- 20 guest reviews
"Planned an overnight stay in Torquay and stayed at the Devonshire, was very cynical to start with for what we paid but was absolutely blown..."
"all staff excellent, value for money excellent, only let down by the standard of room...."
"What a charming hotel ,we booked what we thought was just a room for the night and ended up with dinner , entertainment and breakfast. It wa..."
"Booked late but managed to get a cancellation at a very good price with both Breakfast and an Evening meal. Room was large and clean, Food w..."
"Didn't know what to expect at The Devonshire Hotel as the price was so reasonable and included dinner but from the moment we checked in to o..."
About the hotel
The Devonshire Hotel Situated within its own grounds, the Devonshire Hotel, with lawns and sun patio, is just a few minutes away from Torquay harbour and the town centre. Situated on the hill above the town, the area around the hotel is flat, close to the popular local Meadfoot beach. For those not wishing to make the short walk up or down the hill to the town there is a regular bus service.
Bedrooms are centrally heated with shower and/or bath, digital TV, tea & coffee making facilities. Comfortable lounge areas or the sun patio provide the perfect setting in which to enjoy morning coffee or afternoon tea. The spacious dining room overlooking the garden serves homely food with a great atmosphere. A good selection of wines to accompany your meal are available from the bar. At night the dining room is cleared and becomes our entertainment lounge. The Devonshire hosts some of the best live acts in Torquay, We are open all year round taking in coach parties and self drive guests. we are a very friendly hotel run by the same manager for the last 10 years.
Showing Thursday 26 November 2015 to Friday 27 November 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Children's Facilities - Indoor , Children's Facilities - Outdoor , Pets Allowed
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Outdoor Pool , Pitch n' Putt , Table Tennis , Snooker/Billiards
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Movies (Free) , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Doctor on call , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 12:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
95% would recommend it to a friend
Good quality hotel, brilliant value for money!
Planned an overnight stay in Torquay and stayed at the Devonshire, was very cynical to start with for what we paid but was absolutely blown away by the value for money, the room was basic, the food was Ok, the location was adequate in terms of rating its Good but when you compare what you get to the value of this particular stay its Superb, however i wouldn't want to pay any more than £65/70 for a room here not sure what in season prices are but for £39 really cannot complain.
Just as a notice this hotel really is suited for 50+ bear that in mind. If you like Quiet or Easy going this is spot on.
room needs updating stains and holes in ceiling.
all staff excellent, value for money excellent, only let down by the standard of room.