- Very Good
- 41 guest reviews
"Excellent value , friendly staff, food adequate, good location for town ans sea. Hotel caters for mainly elderly coach tours so is geared fo..."
"We arrived from the west Midlands. Very tired.took 4 hours.to reach there.the first glimpse of the hotel was amazing. On the top of a hill.c..."
"We stay here a lot and are very happy...."
"Hotel was welcoming. We loved the humour. Food was fantabulous. Would not hesitate to come back. You cannot go wrong booking here ...."
"Late rooms app used again Unbelievably good rate Abbie on reception was charming Dinner bed and breakfast at set times to fit in with a very..."
About the hotel
The Devonshire Hotel Situated within its own grounds, the Devonshire Hotel, with lawns and sun patio, is just a few minutes away from Torquay harbour and the town centre. Situated on the hill above the town, the area around the hotel is flat, close to the popular local Meadfoot beach. For those not wishing to make the short walk up or down the hill to the town there is a regular bus service.
Bedrooms are centrally heated with shower and/or bath, digital TV, tea & coffee making facilities. Comfortable lounge areas or the sun patio provide the perfect setting in which to enjoy morning coffee or afternoon tea. The spacious dining room overlooking the garden serves homely food with a great atmosphere. A good selection of wines to accompany your meal are available from the bar. At night the dining room is cleared and becomes our entertainment lounge. The Devonshire hosts some of the best live acts in Torquay, We are open all year round taking in coach parties and self drive guests. we are a very friendly hotel run by the same manager for the last 10 years. We have now been awarded the Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence for 2016.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Telephone In Each Room, Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Wake Up Call Available, Childrens Facilities - Indoor, Childrens Facilities - Outdoor, Pets Allowed, Doctor on call, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite, Car Parking Available Offsite
- Outdoor Pool, Pitch n' Putt, Table Tennis, Snooker/Billiards, [Channels] News, [Channels] Movies (Free), [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 17 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
95% would recommend it to a friend
Excellent value , friendly staff, food adequate, good location for town ans sea.
Hotel caters for mainly elderly coach tours so is geared for that clientel.
Excellent value. In a grand hotel.
We arrived from the west Midlands.
Very tired.took 4 hours.to reach there.the first glimpse of the hotel was amazing. On the top of a hill.check in was quick and strait forward.we was given our keys to our accommodate. Which was room.73.got the lift up to 1St floor.then walked through a maze or corridors. To reach our room.the room was very big.had one double and one single bed.the furniture was a little dated.but all very clean.and spaced out in a big room.the beds was very comfortable and the room had 2 big windows.the water was nice and hot.had a bath and shower.which was a bonus. There was plenty of teabags.milk.sugar.i was very impressed with our accommodation. We was told evening meal was at 630 till 7pm.the dinning room was packed.we was shown to our table. The service from the waiters was excellent. The food was delious. With plenty of choice.the hotel staff was always smiling and they was very helpful. Nothink was to much for them.1St class staff.in a very impressive hotel.everywhere was spotless clean. I loved our time that we spent there.in a super and very grand hotel.