- 110 guest reviews
"Travelled to the West Midlands for a family funeral, and just needed somewhere to lay our heads the night before. The room was a decent size..."
"Ok for a chep one night stay but the hotel was tired and dated with polystyrene tiles on the bedroom ceiling dated bathroom and wall heate..."
"Basic but for the price very good indeed...."
"Room was nice and big but bathroom was disappointing, needed some TLC. Breakfast was excellent and for £5 was very good value. Would stay ag..."
"Easy cheap stay. All staff I had contact with were lovely. Bedroom was acceptable, it's quite dated and the beds aren't particularly comfort..."
About the hotel
This former 19th-century schoolhouse has been converted into a comfortable hotel with a friendly atmosphere. Himley Country Hotel is located on the Shropshire border, on the edge of Dudley. The old school room has been extended, and now houses a popular conservatory restaurant.
The hotel has quiet bedrooms and a peaceful setting, in an ideal location from which to explore the beauty of the Staffordshire countryside. Please note that the hotel has no elevator Location This hotel is located in Dudley (Himley), close to Himley Hall and Park and the Crooked House. Area attractions also include the West Midlands Safari Park, Black Country Museum and Dudley Zoo and Castle. Hotel Features In addition to a restaurant, Himley Country Hotel features a bar/lounge. We also offer complimentary WiFi throughout the hotel and BT Sport in the bar Room Amenities Guestrooms have complimentary wireless Internet access, climate control, and coffee/tea making facilities; rooms also include desks and direct-dial phones.
Showing Saturday 10 October 2015 to Sunday 11 October 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms , Public Air Conditioning
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
68% would recommend it to a friend
You get what you pay for!
It will be easier to start with the positives.
A comfortable bed and I slept very well. I got the room for £27 which seemed a good price when I booked. Also the local pub - the Dudley Arms- does a cracking carvery. Otherwise it's all pretty negative I'm afraid. Everything feels old and neglected from the moment you negotiate the pot-holed entrance to the car park. The shower had two temperature options - cold or scalding. The carpet was threadbare. I could go on but in summary this hotel desperately needs some investment. The £27 price didn't feel like good value when compared to the budget hotel chains that tend to be a bit more expensive but far better quality.
Cheap and to the point
Travelled to the West Midlands for a family funeral, and just needed somewhere to lay our heads the night before.
The room was a decent size and clean and fresh, tea and coffee in room were fine, but we did have an extra bed in the room (single) that was in the way of the dressing table and made room feel a little congested, but other than that not too bad, other than the mattress on the main bed was very saggy in the middle and we both tended to roll in to the middle so did suffer with a bit of a sore back in the morning but at £39 hey ho what can you expect. The staff we had contact with were friendly and helpful also the wifi mentioned by other reviews did work at the far end of the hotel from the bar and reception area even if it was a little slow. Would we use again. Possible if funds were low but you get what you pay for so for the price I can only recommend it and if you are not happy then best go and pay a lot more elsewhere