- 155 guest reviews
"The staff were friendly and welcoming, and check in was efficient. The room was large and clean, but the bathroom could do with a little TLC..."
"Had a very nice stay room was warm but nothing a fan wouldn't of sorted out..."
"lost my booking so had to wait for a room to be got ready, then no toiletries in the bathroom. The only good thing was the gentleman on Rece..."
"Certainly not a luxury hotel but the current management are gradually updating and improving it. this is the second time we have stayed here..."
About the hotel
Himley Country Hotel is a former 19th-century schoolhouse has been converted into a comfortable hotel with a friendly atmosphere. Himley Country Hotel is located on the Shropshire border, on the edge of Dudley close to Himley Hall and Park and the Crooked House. Guestrooms have complimentary wireless Internet access, climate control, and coffee/tea making facilities; rooms also include desks and direct-dial phones.
The old school room has been extended, and now houses a popular conservatory restaurant. The hotel has quiet bedrooms and a peaceful setting, in an ideal location from which to explore the beauty of the Staffordshire countryside. Please note that the hotel has no elevator. In addition to a restaurant, Himley Country Hotel features a bar/lounge. WiFi is available throughout the hotel which is Free and BT Sport in the bar. West Midlands Safari Park, Black Country Museum and Dudley Zoo and Castle are all within easy reach.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms , Public Air Conditioning
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
62% would recommend it to a friend
Typical budget hotel
The staff were friendly and welcoming, and check in was efficient.
The room was large and clean, but the bathroom could do with a little TLC. Breakfast was buffet style, however on the morning we stayed the staff seemed to be under pressure, consequently we had to wait for food to be cooked. Which wasn't a problem for us, but did cause anxiety amongst other guests who had a timescale to keep to. In general the accommodation was no more or less that what we expected.
I have stayed at this hotel a few times but on this occasion it was by far the worst experience ........
When arriving at the hotel with my girlfriend I was advised at the reception infront of many people that my card had been declined when booking, I kindly explained to the gentlemen there was more than enough to pay for my stay (which I proved by showing him my account balance). I did not understand why my card had been declined, after he tried multiple times he asked again am I sure there is enough funds to pay for my stay which was very embarrassing and not very professional especially after I had shown him. It was then I who figured out the gentlemen was entering my card details in wrong and finally gave him the solution to the problem. After all this I did NOT receive an apology for the embarrassing occurrence and then was greeted with a dirty room filled with dead/alive flies, The pictures have clearly been edited because from what I have seen these are far from how the rooms look.