- 2 guest reviews
"Horn of Plenty is local to me and although I have had lunch in the past there, never stayed or had dinner. From start to finish, the experie..."
"The hotel is set in a beautiful location, perfect for a peaceful escape. Staff are friendly and welcoming. The room we stayed in was in a ne..."
About the hotel
Renowned as one of Devon's top restaurants and Hotels, this beautiful country house offers breathtaking views over the Tamar Valley, friendly staff, elegant surroundings and free Wi-Fi and parking. Originally built in the 19th Century, this historic house sits proudly within five acres of gardens, surrounded by gloriously peaceful countryside. Privately owned, it offers a wonderfully warm welcome and friendly personalised service.
It offers 16 beautifully appointed en-suite bedrooms. Those in the Main House retain an elegant, classic style whilst the Coach House rooms have a more contemporary finish. Having been awarded 2 AA Rosettes, the fine dining restaurant has garnered an excellent reputation for the quality of its food. Passionate about creating exciting and innovative dishes, they are committed to using fresh, locally sourced produce from across Devon and Cornwall. The Hotel is just 20 minutes from the A30 and 30 from Plymouth and is a great base from which to explore such attractions as Dartmoor National Park, the Tamar Valley, The Eden Project and Buckland Abbey.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Cots available , Wedding Licence , Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room , Pets Allowed , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- In Room Entertainment
- Mountain Bike Hire , Tennis Courts , Horse Riding
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 20/07/2016 to 31/12/2017 - Please contact the hotel directly if you wish to make a dinner reservation. We cannot guarantee a table without a reservation especially at weekends. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Horn of Plenty is local to me and although I have had lunch in the past there, never stayed or had dinner.
From start to finish, the experience was excellent. Superb service, attentive but relaxed and friendly and was treated very much like an individual not just a bill payer. Room was stylish with character and very comfortable wonderful bed.Food outstanding from the canapés with my pre dinner drink to the full English breakfast the next day. Only niggle was that my room was quite warm but in fairness, I am used to cool bedrooms and it is unseasonably mild. When mentioned, apologies were given and explanation regarding heating given. Fabulous hotel.
Picturesque and peaceful
The hotel is set in a beautiful location, perfect for a peaceful escape.
Staff are friendly and welcoming. The room we stayed in was in a new block and was spacious and modern. The bed was very comfy, thw bathroom was large and all was spotlessly clean (the room was very hot though). The only downside was the soundproofing in the communal hallway - as the floors are wooden, the sound of doors, footsteps and voices are quite loud and echo around. We dined in the restaurant one evening, the food was presented well and tasted nice, although we weren't wowed by any dish. The dessert was the tastiest course. Cooked breakfast in the morning was reasonable, but the breakfast buffet was a bit boring and dry - the only fresh fruit were some thin melon slices. Some berries and fruit compote would have been nice to accompany the granola. Overall we had a nice break.