- 14 guest reviews
"Great rooms, good welcome and service, good food. Spacious well appointed public rooms in which to relax. Interesting grounds and surroundin..."
"Using a laterooms.com booking made it great value. Rooms are very comfortable, with good facilities and amenities. Beds are comfortable, and..."
"We were celebrating a birthday and wedding anniversary and wanted somewhere nice to stay. We couldn't have asked for better. The hotel is be..."
"The hotel is out of this world. If you like traditional country house hotels then you won't get better than this one. The sense of history i..."
"Lovely hotel , disappointed as one of our party is a vegertarian which was stated on the booking , however only one meal they would offer fo..."
About the hotel
Llangoed Hall is situated in the idyllic Wye Valley, in the heart of the Welsh countryside, a stone’s throw from the Brecon Beacons and just nine miles from Hay-on-Wye, the UK's bookshop capital. Situated between south and mid-Wales the Brecon Beacons National Park plays host to some of the most dramatic and distinctive landscapes in the UK. Within easy reach of large cities and towns such as Cardiff, Swansea, Hereford, Lemster, Abergavenny and Worcester.
Llangoed Hall was known as Llangoed Castle and dates back to 1632 and from your arrival via the sweeping driveway this spectacular Jacobean manor house reveals itself in all its glory. Formerly owned by Sir Bernard Ashley, husband of the late Laura Ashley the hotel has been beautifully restored with rich Elanbach fabrics, original works of art and Sir Bernards personal collection of Whistler sketches. Each of the 23 bedrooms has its own individual character and charm offering light and spacious comfort many with stunning views of the beautiful Welsh countryside, some with four poster beds and for the ultimate in luxury, three master suites. All our rooms have spacious bathrooms with cast iron baths, luxurious toiletries and fluffy towels. Each room has access to wireless broadband. Dine in style in our award winning restaurant. Our team of talented Chef's use only the finest freshest Welsh ingredients with some fruit and vegetables coming from the hotels own organic kitchen garden, home to our ducks and chickens that also provide us with some of the eggs used in the kitchen. In short, whether you are looking for a quiet break away, business accommodation, meetings, weddings, a special celebration or simply a delicious dining experience, Llangoed Hall has it all. Proud winners of AA Hotel of the Year 2013- 2014 Wales and the Conde Nast Johansens Restaurant of the Year 2014.
Showing Wednesday 10 February 2016 to Thursday 11 February 2016Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Doctor on call , Porter
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , Radio
- In room facilities
- Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service , Concierge , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
93% would recommend it to a friend
An excellent relaxing stay
Great rooms, good welcome and service, good food.
Spacious well appointed public rooms in which to relax. Interesting grounds and surroundings for walks. Not inexpensive but an excellent place to unwind and remove stress.
A great deal better
Using a laterooms.com booking made it great value.
Rooms are very comfortable, with good facilities and amenities. Beds are comfortable, and the chairs and desk are good. Breakfast is the usual highlight, with friendly service and well sized portions. Great walks around the local countryside and along the riverside. I great place to stay, made even better with a deal rate, so give it a try.