- 502 guest reviews
"There is no doubt that the Grand Burstin is in need of a major refurbishment as its facilities are all very dated and tired...but: the rooms..."
"Don't expect a modern hotel when you come here...the hotel is a little tired, however I cannot fault the staff, the cleanliness or the food..."
"better for more mature people however enjoyed the entertainment, would actually go back..."
"The staff were very helpful and efficient, the room was well appointed when new but apparently has not been upgraded since. The chair uphols..."
"Very old fashioned hotel. But clean n tidy room...."
About the hotel
Superbly located by the seaside, this hotel overlooks Folkestone's picturesque harbour. Choose Grand Burstin Hotel for your gateway to the continent, with easy access to the Port of Dover & Eurotunnel, combined with unparelled evening entertainment. The hotel is conveniently situated only a 10 minutes' walk from the main town and 3 minutes' from the beach.
All 550 en-suite bedrooms are tastefully decorated and have TV, Telephone, Hairdryer and Tea and Coffee making facilities. The Health and Leisure Club is fully equipped with and boasts a Swimming Pool, Sauna, Solarium and much more per Session:- £4. 00 for an adult and £2. 00 for a child. There are two restaurants, the Victorian and the Harbour, which serve some tasty food. The Ocean bar hosts the LIVE entertainment programme, music from the resident band and bingo! Or you can dance the night away with our late night disco. WIFI is free to all guests and available in all ground floor lounge areas of the hotel. Well behaved pet dogs are allowed in the hotel at a cost of £10. 00 per night, or £25. 00 per stay
Showing Sunday 26 April 2015 to Monday 27 April 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Disabled Facilities, Smoking allowed in bedrooms
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Pets Allowed
- Car parking available onsite, Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- Gymnasium, Indoor Pool, Sauna, Solarium
- In room entertainment
- TV, [Channels] News
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- 01/03/2010 to 01/03/2021 - Important Information: The hotel will charge a £2 administration fee on all credit card transactions. Valid Photo ID must be shown if guests are wishing to settle the account by cash. The LateRooms.com rates for The Grand Burstin Hotel – A Grand Entertainment Hotel in Folkestone are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
69% would recommend it to a friend
pleasant stay had a good view of harbour staff friendly
a perfectly reasonable place to stay for the money
There is no doubt that the Grand Burstin is in need of a major refurbishment as its facilities are all very dated and tired...but: the rooms are clean, the bedding is spotless, the beds are comfortable, the bathrooms are very tired looking and basic but they are clean, with plenty of good quality towels and toiletries.
Breakfast is a bit on the greasy side if you have the cooked food, but there is ample choice and alternatives. Overall this is a budget hotel which doesn't pretend to be otherwise and let's face it, you get what you pay for.