- Very Good
- 16 guest reviews
"This is a beautiful hotel with the nicest staff that you could ask for. Stephanie was the girl on reception and she was so friendly and help..."
"Very nice. Great view over Cork. Pleasant helpful staff. Very good food, strong character chef...."
"The building itself is an old design, once being a hospital, but it has been well transfomed. Do not let the location on the hill deter you..."
"So glad we stayed here! Great location, just a short walk down the hill and you're in to the city centre. Loads of free parking! Super, fri..."
"Beautiful hotel, lovely clean rooms, helpful and gracious staff. Couldn't do enough for us. Would deffo stay here again...."
About the hotel
For anyone wishing to experience the true essence of the wonderful City of Cork, what better hotel to stay than at the elegant Ambassador Hotel Cork. Presiding with an air of grandness from the top of Military Hill in the historic area of St. Luke’s, this is the perfect location for business or leisure in the heart of Cork City.
Our newly refurbished bedrooms offer you a wide configuration Classic, Executive & Superior rooms with breath taking views of Cork City and harbour. Each bedroom has been tastefully redecorated, is warm, inviting and designed to international 4 star standards. Our rooms are ideal to relax in, after a day of discovering Cork City's sights or a busy day of meetings. McGettigan's Cookhouse & Bar. - "Cork City's newest cookhouse eatery & bar, offering the best in fine Irish cuisine". At the McGettigan's Cookhouse & Bar we are committed to using the finest quality ingredients. We believe that Cork City and county has some of the best farming land and producers in this country. We always try to source the majority of our fruit and vegetables locally. We also believe in sourcing our meat and fish from Ireland. BREAKFAST CAN BE ADDED AFTER CLICKING "BOOK NOW". The Ambassador Hotel is just minutes from some of Cork City's main Shopping areas & Tourist Attractions - Blarney Castle, The English Market, Market Lane Shopping district, Cork City Opera House. to name but a few. Easy access to all major road networks linking you to many of Cork City's main Industrial Estates like Kilbarry, Little Island & Cork Airport, . The Ambassador Hotel is located a short distance from Cork City's Bus Station in Parnell Place & Kent Railway Station. The Airport in Cork City is only 7KM from the hotel.
Showing Sunday 4 October 2015 to Monday 5 October 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited Hours Room Service , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Babysitting services , Cots available
- Wedding Licence , Doctor on call , Porter
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Bar
- Gymnasium , Fitness Centre , Sauna
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
94% would recommend it to a friend
Wonderful staff, lovely hotel but food not so good
This is a beautiful hotel with the nicest staff that you could ask for.
Stephanie was the girl on reception and she was so friendly and helpful. Due to my husbands meeting running over we were unable to leave our room until the late afternoon but it was no problem. All staff that we encountered during our stay were very friendly ( which we have found on numerous occasions to be the case with Cork people). However the breakfast was disappointing. I had the buffet which was 8,95 and my husband had the full Irish. At 12.95. Firstly, I found this to be an average quite expensive and secondly the buffet was poor in the foods it contained. My husband's fry was only okay. So overall a wonderful hotel with great staff but food needs improving.
Friendly Staff , the Hotel is getting a good redecoration and refresh.
Great view over Cork. Pleasant helpful staff. Very good food, strong character chef.