- Very Good
- 92 guest reviews
"I always stay at the Travel Lodge the night before travelling back to France from Portsmouth on the early morning ferry. Mid week the value..."
"Stay here every year to catch the ferry Quality accommodation easy to recommend..."
"Very friendly staff happy to help with any enquiries we had a young child with us (2-1/2) and made the time to start hello and made us at fe..."
"Good location for ferries. Bit not easy to find. Nice staff...."
"Unfortunately my room overlooked a busy road and as there was no air conditioning my choice was to sleep with windows closed and melt or ope..."
About the hotel
Ideal for both business and leisure guests, the Portsmouth hotel is within easy reach of the Continental ferry port and the Isle of Wight ferry. Our hotel is conveniently located very close to the centre of this historic naval city, with the thriving shopping and leisure centre and Gunwharf Quays all nearby. Explore the historical dockyard, home to the Royal Navy, or get a bird's eye view of the harbour from the 170 metre high Spinnaker Tower.
Families looking for a fun day out can take a trip to the nearby Sea Life Centre and discover fascinating underwater animals. This is also an ideal choice for those looking for a hotel near Portsmouth University located just 1 mile away. Guests can enjoy a wide variety of food and drink choices within a short distance of the hotel and all rooms feature a comfy king size bed with four plump pillows and a cosy duvet. Early/Late Check-In/Out Service – if you’re looking to make the most of your day we can offer an Early Check-In service from 12:00noon and a Late Check-Out Service until 2pm so you have more time to relax - cost is £10 per service, per room, subject to availability - bookable direct by telephoning the hotel. For guests wishing to bring domestic pets please contact LateRooms. com for more detail on charges and terms and conditions. Please note that Guide dogs, Hearing dogs, and other animals to aid disability are exempt from charge.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception
- Breakfast to go
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- 11/07/2014 to 31/12/2020 - Payment must be made on arrival at the hotel, by either credit/debit card/cash. When paying cash, either photo identification (passport/driver's license), or a valid credit or debit card are required. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
73% would recommend it to a friend
Great value for money
I always stay at the Travel Lodge the night before travelling back to France from Portsmouth on the early morning ferry.
Mid week the value for money is exceptional but less so at the weekend. Unfortunately this is the second time that I have been disturbed by the rowdiness of the guests in the night. Previousy it was a group of drunk lads in the car park and this time some over excited children who could be heard shrieking and screaming and laughing in their bedroom which was either above or next to mine, I couldn't work it out since it was 4 a.m.. Otherwise the size of the rooms is very impressive and the beds are extremely comfortable. The corridors are in need of freshening up and the carpets are very shabby and don't look too clean.
Stay here every year to catch the ferry
Quality accommodation easy to recommend