- Very Good
- 50 guest reviews
"We rang ahead to advise that we would be arriving later than originally expected. The lady on reception advised us that parking was limited..."
"Was a good experience all round everything was in working order and everything was there what I expected of a travelodge...."
"A very nice basic hotel in easy reach of the city centre. I would definitely stay here again...."
"+1. Location. The closest accommodation to Sunderland railway station. +2. Quality. As with most chain hotels, guests are assured of consist..."
"Staff were excellent and v helpful throughout our stay - could not fault them in any way...."
About the hotel
Our Sunderland Central hotel is just across the Wear from The National Glass Centre and the Stadium of Light and a short walk from The Empire Theatre and the Sunderland Museum and Winter Gardens. Head out of Sunderland to discover the strikingly beautiful beaches at Roker and Seaburn on the way to Souter Lighthouse and The Leas, or head inland for scenic walks in Herrington Country Park. All rooms feature a comfy king size bed with four plump pillows and a cosy duvet.
Guests can enjoy a wide variety of food and drink choices within easy walking distance from this hotel. Useful information Due to the city centre location of this hotel some external noise may be heard. Early/Late Check-In/Out Service – if you’re looking to make the most of your day we can offer an Early Check-In service from 12:00noon and a Late Check-Out Service until 2pm so you have more time to relax - cost is £10 per service, per room, subject to availability - bookable direct by telephoning the hotel. For guests wishing to bring domestic pets please contact LateRooms. com for more detail on charges and terms and conditions. Please note that Guide dogs, Hearing dogs, and other animals to aid disability are exempt from charge.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception
- Breakfast to go
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- 13/07/2014 to 31/12/2020 - Payment must be made on arrival at the hotel, by either credit/debit card/cash. When paying cash, either photo identification (passport/driver's license), or a valid credit or debit card are required. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
98% would recommend it to a friend
No issues whatsoever
We rang ahead to advise that we would be arriving later than originally expected.
The lady on reception advised us that parking was limited but said that they would do their best to allocate us somewhere.
On arrival the receptionist was extremely friendly and helpful. As promised, she found us somewhere to park. The hotel rooms were functional, roomy, clean and tidy. Towels were provided as well as shower gel/shampoo. Additionally, coffee, tea and a kettle were provided. Of note, was that the bed was extremely comfortable.
Was a good experience all round everything was in working order and everything was there what I expected of a travelodge.