- Very Good
- 104 guest reviews
"Very nice and clean room, friendly and helpfull staff..."
"Convenient location , and friendly helpful staff ...."
"Friendly, helpful staff & a lovely spacious room...."
"Good budget accommodation...."
About the hotel
Situated just half-a-mile from Birmingham city centre, the Travelodge Birmingham Central Newhall Street Hotel is perfect for visitors to the city. The hotel is walking distance from the National Indoor Arena, one of the UKs leading sports and music venues, as well as the Jewellery Quarter. Family attractions such as Birmingham Sea Life Centre guaranteed a fun stay.
This hotel is only a mile from Birmingham New Street Train Station, with great links to the rest of the UK. The hotel has our fresh new look and features Travelodges new room design complete with Dreamer Bed so you can be sure of a great nights sleep. Enjoy a delicious meal or drink in our own Bar Cafe restaurant. Please note that although the hotel is called Travelodge Birmingham Central Newhall Street the hotel is actually located on Charlotte Street. Early/Late Check-In/Out Service – if you’re looking to make the most of your day we can offer an Early Check-In service from 12:00noon and a Late Check-Out Service until 2pm so you have more time to relax - cost is £10 per service, per room, subject to availability - bookable direct by telephoning the hotel. For guests wishing to bring domestic pets please contact LateRooms. com for more detail on charges and terms and conditions. Please note that Guide dogs, Hearing dogs, and other animals to aid disability are exempt from charge.
Showing Friday 9 October 2015 to Saturday 10 October 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room
- Ground floor bedrooms , Lift to all floors
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- 13/07/2014 to 31/12/2015 - Payment must be made on arrival at the hotel, by either credit/debit card/cash. When paying cash, either photo identification (passport/driver's license), or a valid credit or debit card are required. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
87% would recommend it to a friend
Convenience over comfort - all the way
First up - we checked in but were diagonal to the woman behind reception; another two women were on her side waiting to be served, so we had to impart our personal information in front of other people.
When asked for my address, I wanted to write it down - as I stammer - but she said loudly, 'no, just say it,' which I found quite offensive - sure, I could say it but I'd like to see her contend with her own embarrassment when I spoke. We were only given one access card, not two, and this in comparison with the Travelodge in Covent Garden where we were asked all the things that we weren't at Newhall - would we like a quiet room. How many key cards would you like. The first room we were allotted was awful - the bed had been rumpled / sat on / laid on, so we had to change. The next room was better but on closer inspection, there appeared to be something akin to blood on the curtain. Too tired, we didn't move and, to give the hotel a certain degree of credit, the bathroom was in good order.
Sadly, breakfast next morning gave me a shock. The orange 'juice' was like undiluted Kia-Ora, and the selection from the hot menu - bacon, sausage, raw tomato, beans and plasticky scrambled egg, left me feeling both hungry and sick. Not a great experience. I can see its convenience for the quick traveller, perhaps more aligned with business than would be interested in the quality of the experience, but for us, it was a disappointing experience. We shall not be back.
Very nice and clean room, friendly and helpfull staff