- Very Good
- 47 guest reviews
"Good stay all in all...."
"Good hotel right in the centre of Newcastle. Reception staff excellent...."
"After reading previous comments I was a bit dubious. But it was clean, food was nice, beds were soft, everyone was friendly. Really can't co..."
"Great location, excellent sound proofing from the street - given its great location. Huge double room - showing signs of tiredness but styli..."
"I stayed her with my partner and we did have a lovely stay the only thing is when we got there it would of been nice to be told about the ba..."
About the hotel
Right in the heart of Newcastle city centre, this boutique hotel is understated chic and minimalist, situated in a grade 2 listed building and oozing period charm fused with a contemporary style. Included as standard in all rooms are triple glazed windows, hypnos beds, crisp white cotton bed linen, thick fluffy towels, drench showers, soothing toiletries, laptop safe, plasma or LCD TV, DVD player with library, CD player, tea and coffee making facilities, hairdryers, iron and board and trouser press. Standard Double and Twin, and Deluxe Double and Twin rooms available.
Theatre Royal 2 min walk, Eldon Square Shopping Centre 2 min walk, Metro Radio Arena 10 min walk, Centre for Life 5 min walk, Central Railway Station 5 minute walk, Monument Metro 2 minute walk, Newcastle Quayside / Millennium Bridge / The Sage Gateshead / Baltic Centre for Contemporary Art 5 minute walk. 7 miles from Newcastle International Airport.
Showing Friday 27 March 2015 to Saturday 28 March 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms, Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, 24 Hour Room Service, Concierge, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Wedding Licence, Porter
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Business Centre, Secretary Service, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player, TV, Satellite TV, Games Console, Video/DVD Library, CD Player, [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens, Radio
- Family friendly
- Interconnecting rooms available, Pets Allowed
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- Mountain Bike Hire
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 25/12/2013 to 26/12/2013 - Living room restaurant will not be open on Christmas Day and will re-open on Boxing Day evening. Limited continental breakfast only available in the hotel on Christmas Day and Boxing Day The LateRooms.com rates for Grey Street Hotel in Newcastle upon Tyne are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
79% would recommend it to a friend
Room not clean enough.
I have stayed in plenty hotels and grey street would have to be one of the worst.
Only two things going for the hotel is location and connected to The living Room. Room wasn't cleaned properly as there as a used eyelash stuck to middle of the carpet when we arrived. Also when we left we received a phone call saying we had left a nightie in the room. No we hadn't. Must of been in from previous occupier.
Struggled to get past maid cart and used plates lying all over the hallway.
The location is great for all pubs and clubs I have to admit. Can obviously see that is whhat I paid the money for was no where near a room worth £140 a night.
Expensive for a poor experience.
I booked a twin room and was given a very small double near the lift which kept me awake half the night. Could not open a window so became stuffy. Toiletries for only one person and had to ask for more tea milk etc. Paid extra £10 each for breakfast which was a very limited selection and hot food was not all freshly cooked. In the middle of our meal a window cleaner arrived beside us and began washing the windows inside, that was a first. Very dish piled up for cereals was dirty, had to ask for a clean one. Never again!