- Very Good
- 36 guest reviews
"Great welcome at reception, lovely friendly staff and clean room, usually all you would ask for the price we paid but the only other importa..."
"Such friendly and helpful staff. Central hotel for a relatively cheap price. Would recommend it for business travel...."
"We stayed at the Grey Street Hotel for two nights. We had an amazing stay and found the hotel to be excellent! Very clean and the staff are..."
"The hotel could do with a more conspicuous sign. I walked past it twice before I noticed the lettering in the window. Though it's on a busy..."
"The lady at reception was very sweet and helpful...."
About the hotel
Right in the heart of Newcastle city centre, this boutique hotel is understated chic and minimalist, situated in a grade 2 listed building and oozing period charm fused with a contemporary style. Standard Double and Twin, and Deluxe Double and Twin rooms available. Included as standard in all rooms are complimentary Wi-Fi, triple glazed windows, hypnos beds, crisp white cotton bed linen, thick fluffy towels, drench showers, soothing toiletries, laptop safe, plasma or LCD TV, DVD player with library, CD player, tea and coffee making facilities, hairdryers, iron and board and trouser press.
Extra beds are available in superior rooms at an extra charge. We accept pets, an additional charge will be incurred. Free Wi-Fi is available throughout the hotel. Conference/function rooms are available on site. Grey Street Hotel is proud to work in association with Living Room bar and restaurant, located inside the hotel. We also operate our own private residents bar. We recommend guests park in the council run Dean Street car park, 1 min walk from the hotel. Theatre Royal 2 min walk, Eldon Square Shopping Centre 2 min walk, Metro Radio Arena 10 min walk, Centre for Life 5 min walk, Central Railway Station 5 minute walk, Monument Metro 2 minute walk, Newcastle Quayside / Millennium Bridge / The Sage Gateshead / Baltic Centre for Contemporary Art 5 minute walk. 7 miles from Newcastle International Airport.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms , Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Concierge , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Porter , Lift to all floors , Public Air Conditioning
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , Games Console , Video/DVD Library , CD Player , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 25/12/2016 to 26/12/2016 - Living room restaurant will not be open on Christmas Day and will re-open on Boxing Day evening. Limited continental breakfast only available in the hotel on Christmas Day and Boxing Day The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
75% would recommend it to a friend
Lovely hotel and customer service but not a good nights sleep
Great welcome at reception, lovely friendly staff and clean room, usually all you would ask for the price we paid but the only other important thing, a 'good nights sleep' was missing.
Our room no. 33 had an extracter fan right outside the window (or at least that what I thought it was) and the noise from it during the night sounded like someone spent the all night hoovering in the room above us. So unfortunately we did not have a good nights sleep.
I know some might question why we did not report the problem, but the noise was not that obvious earlier on, but if it had been we would have mentioned it to reception and asked for them to move us, unfortunately for us it was only so obvious in the silence at night.
I was hoping for a "Hotel de Vin" boutique experience but was very disappointed.
The hotel and Superior room decor was tired and drab. The grout in the bathroom has seen better days and the service at breakfast extremely slow.