- Very Good
- 18 guest reviews
"Lovely little rooms adjacent to the pub itself. Furnished simply yet adequately for an overnight stay. All very clean and really comfortable..."
"Lovely room but the breakfast let it down. The sausages were so burnt they were black...."
"There was an annoying noise. Don't know if it was heating or some sort of fan. Apart from that everything was lovely...."
"We were made very welcome and the accommodation was perfectly adequate for our stay. We arrived on a Sunday evening at about 7.30 pm, having..."
"Stayed here to break our journey back from Durham to Essex. Just a short drive off the A1, lovely location next to the canal, so a nice even..."
About the hotel
The Boat Inn is set in a idyllic canal side location, and offers 6 lovely recently refurbished en-suite B&B rooms, all with flat screen TV's and free wifi in the bar areas, perfect for walkers, families, or a romantic countryside retreat. We also serves a fantastic selection of real ales, ciders and fine wines, as well as an extensive menu of delicious locally-sourced, home-cooked food in elegant and comfortable surroundings. • Six spacious and recently refurbished beautiful en-suite B&B rooms , complete with flat screen TVs and free wifi in the bar areas • 4 Springhead real ales on hand pull, plus a guest beer, real ciders and fine wines • An extensive seasonal menu of locally-sourced homemade food cooked with passion available daily, with a full bar menu including favourites such as Springhead’s famous pies ,fresh grimsby beer-battered haddock and triple cooked chips, quality rib eye steak chargrilled, as well as The Boat burger in a homemade beer bun with onion rings and our popular Sunday carvery and to finish off one of our delicious home made puddings.
• A family friendly atmosphere, with an outdoor play area • Regular live music events The picturesque village of Hayton is located near the town of Retford, and is 10 minutes from it's train station which is on the main line railway to London Kings Cross. Hayton also has easy access to the A1 M18 and Robin Hood Airport, and is 10 minutes from West Burton and Cottam power stations, making it an ideal location for Contractors requiring short or long term accommodation - please contact us for details. The Boat Inn is a part of the Springhead family of pubs, and as such is proud to host a selection of our award winning real ales, lovingly produced in our state-of-the-art microbrewery in the nearby village of Laneham, in the heart of Robin Hood Country. For a fantastic evening out while in the area, why not ask our staff about our brewery tours and tutored beer tastings! www. theboatinnhayton. co. uk www. springhead. co. uk
Showing Saturday 30 May 2015 to Sunday 31 May 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Smoking allowed in public areas
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV, Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room
- Family friendly
- Children's Facilities - Outdoor
- Ground floor bedrooms
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The LateRooms.com rates for The Boat Inn in Retford are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
78% would recommend it to a friend
Friendly & accomodating
Lovely little rooms adjacent to the pub itself.
Furnished simply yet adequately for an overnight stay. All very clean and really comfortable. The weather was quite cold and the heating wasn't quite warm enough, but we simply mentioned this to the landlord and the heating was turned up instantly so it was nice and cosy throughout the evening and night. The pub food was very nice and the wood burning stove made it extra welcoming. A very pleasant stay.
Lovely room but the breakfast let it down.
The sausages were so burnt they were black.