- 6 guest reviews
"I needed to find a quite place to work on a really difficult presentation away from noise and with lots of room to lay out lots of documents..."
"Comfortable bed and feather pillows great - good to have fridge and safe box -bathroom good and lovely towels soaps etc but ventaxia in bath..."
"- Lovely hotel/situation - Room OK, but a little sparse. - As a female travelling alone on business, I do want to spend my evening in the ba..."
"This hotel looks very tired , it has no charm what so ever ,the TV in the bedroom was so antiquated which in the day and age is so unnecessa..."
About the hotel
The Crown is a modern coaching inn, all in historic timber framed buildings providing eating, drinking, gatherings and lodgings. Only 45 minutes from London and at the end of the Metropolitan Line near Beaconsfield in Amersham, with 38 bedrooms, a welcoming bar and restaurant and two private rooms seating up to 40 people for weddings, parties and meetings. The Crown is not a hotel where the rooms dominate, but where the common spaces are the heartbeat of the place.
Based around eating and drinking, The Crown Chop House serves hearty portions of grilled meats and seasonal salads, all washed down with fine wines and local ales. With inglenook fires, crooked floors, a cobbled courtyard and design that uses the English vernacular, The Crown offers traditional hospitality in a modern coaching inn setting.
Showing Tuesday 24 November 2015 to Wednesday 25 November 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Smoking allowed in public areas
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms , Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Ground floor bedrooms
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
33% would recommend it to a friend
The Crown Hotel
Fine - nothing special.
Just lovely place - ticked all the boxes for me
I needed to find a quite place to work on a really difficult presentation away from noise and with lots of room to lay out lots of documents.
For me, when I do my best writing I also need a very beautiful environment where I can feel inspired. So I chose very carefully even though it was last minute and I as very, very lucky to get a large room/suite in The Courtyard. The space was just gorgeous with stairs up to a really large lofthouse kind of bedroom/lounge area. Furnishings are very minimalist but in a super stylish way (I have a real distaste of chintz so this suited me!) and I found it a really calm and soothing atmosphere.