- 53 guest reviews
"Nice to have a breakfast menu to choose from that is served to your table, rather than just a buffet service. Friendly staff. Asked for a gr..."
"This was perfect for an overnight stay whilst my father was at hospital. Staff very friendly, food excellent and disabled room had an excell..."
"Stayed one night whilst family member in hospital, close by, staff very helpful..."
"Can't complain in any way, room was very clean and comfortable with a nice bathroom. Only thing that I thought was lacking was a kettle and..."
"The accommodation was comfortable, the service at reception and dinner was superb. For a business traveler, the facilities including parking..."
About the hotel
Halifax Hall is a beautiful period mansion in Sheffield. Formerly a Victorian steel baron’s mansion and subsequently a University hall of residence, it has now been transformed into an outstanding and individual boutique hotel. Located in the middle of a conservation area on the edge of the University’s Endcliffe Village, boasting 38 en-suite bedrooms including three suites and deluxe conferencing facilities, ideal for conferences, events, weddings and leisure breaks.
There is complimentary car parking on site, with accessible spaces and electric car charging point. Whether you are staying on business or for pleasure, at Halifax Hall we know the importance of a good night's sleep, that's why our rooms are designed to ensure you get a comfortable and peaceful night's rest. We worked with James Wilson, an expert sleep practitioner, who provided us with specially designed bedding, duvets and pillows to maximise comfort throughout your stay with us. Each room is also equipped with 32 Inch wall mounted TVs, Noir toiletries from the White Company, safes, luxurious robes and complimentary WiFi, which is available throughout the hotel. Our restaurant is open from breakfast throughout the day. We offer the freshest, seasonal produce here, from a wide range of local suppliers as well as a selection of wines from a local supplier. Halifax Hall is located on the west side of Sheffield City Centre and only a short walk from Ecclesall Road, an area which provides a hub of bars, pubs and restaurants. Local attractions include the picturesque Botanical Gardens, only five minutes away, whilst shopping and other city centre attractions are easily commutable by bus and taxi. Further afield the location offers great access to The Peak District National Park, which by car is only a 15 minute drive, whilst the stunning Chatsworth House is only a 30 minutes’ drive. We have partnered and worked closely with Sheffield based companies to deliver the highest standard of hotel comfort and guest satisfaction. From coffee selections, to bed linens we promise to exceed every expectation you have of our beautiful new hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , 24 Hour Reception , Cots available , Wedding Licence , Safety Deposit Box , Telephone In Each Room , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Concierge , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available , Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In Room Entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities
- [Channels] News , [Channels] Music
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
96% would recommend it to a friend
Nice to have a breakfast menu to choose from that is served to your table, rather than just a buffet service.
Friendly staff. Asked for a ground floor room and got what I wanted.
This was perfect for an overnight stay whilst my father was at hospital.
Staff very friendly, food excellent and disabled room had an excellent wet room. Was strange to be in amongst all the university buildings but was not a problem