- Very Good
- 17 guest reviews
"Great location to the town centre, spacious rooms in an old style inn, but had a room on the front of the street so was woken by the bin men..."
"Friendly helpful staff, nice room, and great food. Very enjoyable stay...."
"Very good value for money and excellent situation...."
"Lovely hotel , room just as pictures, clean and fresh. But when I read in the book in the room about hotel, found out the hotel was haunted..."
"Lovely warm cosy room. In the morning the kettle, television and hairdryer did not work. Apart from one other guest staying in the hotel tha..."
About the hotel
The lion and swan is a 14th century grade 1 listed building, full of charm and character. We have 21 ensuit rooms ranging from single rooms, exec double rooms to family rooms. We have two function room that can also be hired for weddings, christenings or other events.
We also boast our own restaurant which serves homecooked food, served 12 till 9 every day by our brigade of chefs. Later meals can be arranged with advance notice. Please Note re: Cancellation Policy: If you book and do wish to Cancel your reservation: The guest will be charged 30% of the total price if they cancel after reservation, and a further 20% of the total price if they cancel in the 60 days before arrival
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Movies (Free) , [Channels] Foreign (European) , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Wake Up Call Available
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 31/12/2015 to 31/01/2024 - Pets are welcome at the hotel upon request at an additional charge of £15 per animal per night, please contact hotel for availability. See bottom of Hotel Description for notes on CANCELLATION POLICY. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
94% would recommend it to a friend
Great location, but a little noisy.
Great location to the town centre, spacious rooms in an old style inn, but had a room on the front of the street so was woken by the bin men early in the morning.
Good breakfast options in the morning with friendly staff.