- 13 guest reviews
"The staff were good and very polite. The evening meal and breakfast were very good. Service was also very good...."
"Lovely old building, had lovely room with views across the village green. Set in excellent location. Room was clean, breakfasts good, didn't..."
"Hotel is not the ritz but this is not a complaint, it is what it is, over 600 years old. We loved the unspoilt ambience, to kit a building l..."
"We were held up and didn't arrive until 11.30 at night, called them for directions and William cooked us a hot meal - amazing start to our s..."
"Lovely people Jonathan, William and the young lady who worked behind the bar. They made the stay better. Hotel is budget don't expect 5 star..."
About the hotel
The hotel is one of Yorkshire's oldest hotels and it overlooks the village of Bainbridge, in the heart of beautiful Wensleydale. Hundreds of years ago Wensleydale was a dense forest and Bainbridge was a safe haven for the foresters that worked it. This memory continues with a forest horn, located in the reception hall, which was blown to guide the foresters safely home.
The hotel now has three bars one of which has a large log fire, a beautiful restaurant which overlooks the village green and eleven en suite bedrooms with either baths or showers; three of the rooms have four poster beds. The majority of the rooms have also enjoyed a refurbishment in early 2013 and the hotel is truly at its best! You may dine either in the restaurant or the lounge and snug bar; there is an inglenook fireplace with a blazing fire in the winter. People can eat lunch outside in the summer sunshine, sitting on one of the numerous seats and benches which surround the hotel. The views are delightful, in some directions panoramic
Showing Tuesday 1 December 2015 to Wednesday 2 December 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room
- Family friendly
- Pets Allowed
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 12:00 hours
- Until 10:30 hours
- 10/09/2014 to 31/12/2023 - Please note that the hotel takes a non-refundable reservation deposit - £20 per person non-refundable. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
54% would recommend it to a friend
The staff were good and very polite.
The evening meal and breakfast were very good. Service was also very good.
Lovely old building, had lovely room with views across the village green.
Set in excellent location. Room was clean, breakfasts good, didn't try evening meals. Have read some awful reviews on this place but our experience was the opposite. Liked the fact that dogs are welcome although we didn't bring ours.