- Very Good
- 5 guest reviews
"This is a small friendly hotel in the Estefania district of Lisboa, in easy walking distance of the Praca de Marques Pombal, virtually the c..."
"I stayed one night, for I had to catch my flight next day. For the money I paid, I have to say it was a very good choice. Staff very helpful..."
"Not bad for the money close to metro for down town shops and airport..."
About the hotel
The Hotel Caravela – also known as Residencial Caravela – is a friendly 2 star hotel located in the urban centre of Lisbon. This hotel establishment, founded in 1964 and rehabilitated during the last 10 years, offers 42 cozy and comfortable rooms. Located in a central area of Lisbon, near the Marquês de Pombal square and the Avenida da Liberdade, this hotel benefits from a great proximity to the main touristic attractions, the main public transportation network (metro/ underground and bus), commercial centres – such as Amoreiras Shopping Centre (www.
amoreiras. com), Saldanha Residence (www. saldanharesidence. com), and El Corte Inglês (www. elcorteingles. pt) – and typical Portuguese restaurants. For those programming a city break or a business visit to the capital, having in mind comfort and affordable prices, Hotel Caravela is the right place to stay.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms , Safety Deposit Box , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited Hours Room Service , Concierge , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available , Currency Exchange
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , [Channels] Movies (Free) , [Channels] Foreign (European) , [Channels] Foreign (Other) , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens
- Lift to all floors , Public Air Conditioning
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car Parking Available Offsite
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- The LateRooms.com rate for Hotel Caravela in Lisboa is the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All taxes are included, with the exception of city tax, which will be charged at 1.00(EUR) per person per night and is payable to the hotel directly.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
80% would recommend it to a friend
Hotel Caravela, Lisboa, ( Lisbon)
This is a small friendly hotel in the Estefania district of Lisboa, in easy walking distance of the Praca de Marques Pombal, virtually the centre of the city.
It is not plush but clean and tidy. Continental Buffet breakfast is included so don't expect bacon and eggs. Wi-fi available and cable tv in rooms. We found a family run restaurant just down the road in a street opposite the scooter centre. Very good value,, we had seafood rice and a litre of very acceptable red wine for under 25 euros total. Husband cooks and wife, who speaks English, serves table. Really enjoyed it.
Excellent for short stays
I stayed one night, for I had to catch my flight next day.
For the money I paid, I have to say it was a very good choice. Staff very helpful and polite, clean room, breakfast was more than enough for me. It is a bit far from the center, but you have three metro stations nearby. I would recommend it to anyone!