- Very Good
- 6 guest reviews
"What a great hostel. The building which has an interesting history, is well located within walking distance of all Alnwick has to offer incl..."
"Would highly recommend better than some hotels and BB I have stayed in I will def return if in the area again..."
"Arrived very late which was accommodated for. Very friendly...."
"Stayed in ensuite doulble room, was excellent, hot shower a plus , as was very cold, would recommend and certainly stay here again..."
"This is my second visit. I enjoyed my first visit that I decided to return here a few months later. Would def recommend to any solo travelle..."
About the hotel
Alnwick Youth Hostel is located in the centre of the medieval market town of Alnwick in North Northumberland. Once the town's Court House built in 1856, today the accommodation offered by Alnwick Youth Hostel is somewhat less austere. Its town centre location makes it ideal for a visit to historic Alnwick Castle, the Medieval home of the Dukes of Northumberland which had a starring role in the early Harry Potter films, as well as the neighbouring Alnwick Garden, created by the Duchess of Northumberland.
A 15 minute car journey takes you to the endless beaches which form the Northumberland coast, with glorious views of Dunstanburgh, Warkworth and Bamburgh Castles and wildlife havens such as Holy Island and the Farne Isles. Only a short trip inland brings you to the stunning heather clad Cheviot Hills and Border Reiver country. Opened by HM the Queen in 2011, this 4 star hostel provides quality budget accommodation.
- Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Children's Facilities - Indoor
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Ground floor bedrooms
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
- Bar , Breakfast to go
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 16:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- 29/04/2014 to 01/12/2020 - Please note: we may seek to take payment in full at the time of booking. Cancellation terms are as per your booking confirmation. We reserve the right to charge an admin fee on all cancellations. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
What a great hostel.
The building which has an interesting history, is well located within walking distance of all Alnwick has to offer including the Castle, Gardens and its host of good pubs and restaurants. We dropped off our luggage then parked free all weekend round the back of the Job Centre. Our room was spacious and bright with large sash windows, the beds were really comfy and the ensuite clean. We found the church clock chimes from across the road comforting. The common rooms were attractive and welcoming although we only used the self catering kitchen which was the cleanest hostel kitchen I’ve seen. The staff were SO helpful and friendly in particular Katy on the front desk and the lovely Scottish lady doing the breakfasts. Would thoroughly recommend both the hostel and the town. Note that you need to check in before 9pm. We omitted to read the confirmation email properly and as such had a bit of rush through roadworks on the A1 to get there on time.
Would highly recommend better than some hotels and BB I have stayed in I will def return if in the area again