- 12 guest reviews
"Grab a ground floor room for the free wifi, which doesn't require a password. Stay on the top floor at the front of the hotel and receive ve..."
"Only stayed one night bedroom good bathroom to small..."
"Alright for the price..."
"Me & my boyfriend Loved this hotel, it really was lovely, it's definitely a hotel for elder people (coming from an 18 year old) as when I wa..."
"Lovely old hotel. The rooms are a little tired but clean. Staff were wonderful, couldn't be more friendly and helpful. Not perfect, the tv r..."
About the hotel
Situated on a quiet residential street, The Trecarn Hotel is well located for visiting the delightful village of St Marychurch and the Babbacombe Downs both of which are just a short walk away. Babbacombe itself boasts its own theatre, promenade and beautiful beach, plus the famous 'model village'. Within the Hotel of an evening, you can dine in our Restaurant, enjoy the varied entertainment on offer in our Bar and dance area or simply relax in our comfortable, tastefully decorated lounges and public areas.
The Trecarn Hotel has limited car parking, however, there is unrestricted street parking in the area.
Showing Wednesday 7 October 2015 to Thursday 8 October 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Ground floor bedrooms , Lift to all floors
- Car Parking Available Offsite
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- 08/09/2015 to 08/09/2020 - Important Information: The hotel will charge a £2 administration fee on all credit card transactions. Guest are required to show photo identification and valid credit card upon check-in. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
58% would recommend it to a friend
Great value, friendly staff, for a BUDGET hotel.
Grab a ground floor room for the free wifi, which doesn't require a password.
Stay on the top floor at the front of the hotel and receive very decent 3G mobile signal, which is severely lacking (very patchy!) pretty much all over Devon, including within the towns and Torquay itself. As others have said, be at breakfast at least 30 minutes before breakfast ends to avoid missing out. The sausages were poor, the bacon and hash browns good, and the English is served (by yourself, all you can eat) buffet style, with fried and/or scrambled eggs, tinned tomatoes, baked beans, and black pudding. Juices, cereals and toast also available with croissants. Ask for your own jug of water and one of the many available breakfast staff will provide it. Bingo, song and dance follows dinner (which again is self service from the buffet) and rooms are very modest and oldy worldly. Nothing fancy at all about the rooms, but they were exactly what any seasoned traveller would expect for the money. We were very happy with ours, dead simple and low cost. Suited the nature of the stay.
Staff are British and European mix, very nice people. Especially grateful to have met Tom from Hungry who made us feel exceedingly welcome and was a wonderful host. Big thanks to him. Small garden and spacious area out front enjoyed by the smokers. We people watched as people who didn't know better threw dozens of butts on the ground rather than use the ashtrays 20 feet away. I was up early and watched the poor staff pick these up at 5.30am. Don't be one of them... Close to shops, but a taxi ride or long walk from Torquay town centre. It's a coaching hotel, so expect a few coach loads of 60+ tourists. I'd stay again. It's everything I expected it to be, and more, plus served the purpose of saving us money on our stay in Torquay. Limited private parking in the hotel, but plenty of free spaces on the street right outside. Go for it.
Trecarn hotel room 165
Only stayed one night bedroom good bathroom to small