- Very Good
- 28 guest reviews
"Due to a conference in Telford, our usual hotel along with all the hotels were fully booked in the area and so we arrived at The White Horse..."
"Very nice place to stay. period building. could have been better in service (may be because of just 1 staff). says Full English breakfast bu..."
"Stayed one night as I had to be in the area the following day. Found this 'gem' through online search...and it lived up to what it promised...."
"Lovely location and helpful owners, great breakfast, clean, comfortable room and bed...."
About the hotel
A 15th century, grade II listed country inn in the beautiful Shropshire countryside. Situated within the Shropshire Hills – Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, just south of Shrewsbury and near to the Long Mynd and The Stiperstones. All rooms have been recently refurbished with newly installed en-suites and this is an excellent base for walking and cycling, providing a welcome return at the end of a long day's excursions! Open for meals and drinks Tuesday-Sunday, lunch and evening.
Dogs are welcomed for an £8 surcharge. Please note - payments taken remotely from businesses' cards will incur an additional charge of £1. 50.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room
- Hotel services
- Limited room service for hot food
- Family friendly
- Pets Allowed
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 17:30 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
93% would recommend it to a friend
Friendly Country Inn
Due to a conference in Telford, our usual hotel along with all the hotels were fully booked in the area and so we arrived at The White Horse.
The owner was extremely friendly and welcoming. The atmosphere in the place was excellent. Food was first class,the rooms were cozy and well decorated. If it was closer to Telford, I'd certainly go back and stay in this privately owned country inn.
r oom very small. No where to sit apart from bed. Ensuite very small but adequate.
I feel this room was overpriced.
Vegetarian breakfast poor . Large mushroom, one egg, two overcooked veg. sausages. Toast was thin bread cold and hard. My partner's breakfast was much better
Were not allowed to leave our dog in room at any time although she is well behaved. Can understand this but never come across this before. Have stayed in many hotels previously. Room was nice and warm though with nice view.