- 5 guest reviews
"When we arrived at the hotel I wondered if we had made a mistake in booking there. The car park is behind shops and is not the most attracti..."
"A relatively new and small hotel with excellent staff rooms and food, nothing to much trouble for anyone assosiated whith the hotel excellen..."
"The staff where very nice food was good..."
"Excellent rooms and friendly staff . Lovely cooked breakfast..."
About the hotel
Carriages - Telford's 7 room Boutique Hotel. Carriages is a beautiful hotel in the heart of the historic Shropshire market town of Wellington, Telford, just over 4 miles away from Telford Centre including the TIC, Stafford Park and major commercial areas. With a Restaurant and Boutique bar available to all, this is the ideal place to spend a relaxing weekend in a Telford intimate Hotel, or a place to unwind after a hard days work.
All 7 luxury rooms, with en-suite facilities have recently been refurbished to the highest standards and offer exceptional quality. Each room has been designed individually to give a relaxing feel to your stay. The rooms include flat screen TV with Freeview, complimentary beverages, hair dryers, telephones, room safes and ironing facilities. Located just 2 minutes from Wellington train station and just 4 miles from Telford Town Centre, Carriages is perfect for business and social guests. Check in times from 3pm Check out: 11am Breakfast Served from 7am - 10am (Please let us know if you have alternative requirements and we will be happy to accommodate) The Carriages includes a guest Cocktail lounge offering a vast selection of Wines, Spirits, Beers and Cocktails. Evening meals are also available for our guests between the hours of 5pm and 9pm. Other services offered by Carriages include: - Conference Room / Meeting room for up to 25 guests (available for hourly booking) - Train Station meet and greet service - Free Cloud WIFI - Afternoon Tea Bookings for Friday and Saturday night !!! Please be advised that we are a town center located hotel and there are surrounding bars and clubs and might be a bit of music intrusion in the rooms and for this reason we supply ear plugs.
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Concierge , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
- Restaurant , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , Satellite TV , CD Player , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , [Channels] Movies (Free) , [Channels] Movies (Pay Per View) , [Channels] Foreign (European) , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Telephone In Each Room
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
2 Days at Carriages
When we arrived at the hotel I wondered if we had made a mistake in booking there.
The car park is behind shops and is not the most attractive area to park your car. Entering the hotel proved my thinking wrong. It is a clean and welcoming hotel so my fears disappeared. The room was modern with tea/coffee facility making (and a biscuit!). We found the staff extremely friendly and helpful. In particular the lady who serves breakfast was a delight to deal with. Now the downside. On Easter Sunday morning we were woken up by a lorry doing a delivery at 6.30 am. On Easter Monday it was 7.00am. We were told there was an agreement no deliveries prior to 9am. Somebody seems to have forgotten the agreement.
A new year escape
A relatively new and small hotel with excellent staff rooms and food, nothing to much trouble for anyone assosiated whith the hotel excellent service from all.
Thank you for a nice stay. Well located for visits to surrounding area and beyond from the satation adjacent.