- 4 guest reviews
"Very comfortable overnight stay in a lovely room. The proprietors were very helpful and professional and I'd definitely recommend this place..."
"Friendly first class welcome. Clean room with everything you could need. Chef wasn't there to provide us with a meal before we had to shoot..."
"Good pub, fine beer and excellent food. All staff excellent and would recommend this establishment...."
"I could find nothing to fault. Lovely lady to greet you, lovely new,clean spacious room, good food, good beer - what more could you want...."
About the hotel
The River Don Tavern & Lodge is a delightful village inn with self-contained ground floor en-suite rooms, next to the beer garden / orchard, with ample parking. Pets are allowed in some rooms, and disabled room available. Wi-fi is available within the inn.
Food is available every evening and carvery all day Sunday together with CAMRA award winning ales and full wine list. The inn is situated on the Isle of Axholme close to good motorway links, amidst open countryside with miles of walking/cycling possible and many bird and nature reserves close by. For heritage hunters, half-way between the historic cities of Lincoln and York the River Don provides an excellent base from which to explore, or closer to hand Normanby Hall,or Epworth and the history of the Wesleys. Contractors welcome.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Pets Allowed, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Meeting Facilities
- Restaurant, Bar
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Bar
- [Channels] News, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 16 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
The River Don Tavern & Lodge
Very comfortable overnight stay in a lovely room.
The proprietors were very helpful and professional and I'd definitely recommend this place for anyone travelling in the area.
Absolute First Class
Friendly first class welcome.
Clean room with everything you could need. Chef wasn't there to provide us with a meal before we had to shoot off to Leeds to go to a concert so we were provided with sandwiches and chips free of charge so we didn't go hungry. What excellent service we didn't expect. Breakfast was exemplary. Such choice. Definitely will stay again. Would highly recommend.