- 24 guest reviews
"Comfortable room although a little tight for space (we stayed in the "Pig" room). Great range of ales, busy restaurant and a huge tasty brea..."
"A very friendly and well run pub with top quality accommodation and great food. No hesitation in recommending this as one of the best in the..."
"We stayed only one day as we were passing through,would have liked to stay longer. The room was clean,bed comfortable,excellent. The food in..."
"For a one night stay over this accommodation and pub was an excellent find. Friendly, helpful staff that made us feel relaxed and welcome. O..."
"Room was clean and tidy and with good facilities. Shower was great and there was plenty of room. Breakfast was fantastic, with big portions..."
About the hotel
The Sun Inn, Welshampton was completely refurbished in 2012 by Sircar builders of Whitchurch after 4 years of closure. The pub was radically changed inside and out and is operated by Sketchydog ltd, AKA Dave and Fletch. We pride ourselves on using locally source produce whenever possible and always have several of the best local ales on tap as well as the best wines from all over the world .
Our food is best described as 'modern British' in style (although don't be surprised to see influences from other regions!) and we serve quality food and drink all day, every day. We aim to give you the best and friendliest service possible, the highest quality food and drink, but in a comfortable, affordable and relaxed environment. We also have 3 en-suite double bedrooms which are an ideal base to explore the locality - Beautiful Ellesmere, Historic Shrewsbury or the market town of Oswestry to name but a few. Tariff is £60 including a delicious full cooked breakfast. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Showing Tuesday 26 May 2015 to Wednesday 27 May 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player, TV, CD Player, [Channels] News, [Channels] Movies (Free), [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens, Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 12:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The LateRooms.com rates for The Sun Inn in Ellesmere are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
96% would recommend it to a friend
Comfortable room although a little tight for space (we stayed in the "Pig" room).
Great range of ales, busy restaurant and a huge tasty breakfast, with both food and ale locally sourced.
Local countryside is beautiful and only an hour or so from Snowdonia. There is a big car park alongside so no parking issues.
Excellent Friendly Pub with accommodation
A very friendly and well run pub with top quality accommodation and great food.
No hesitation in recommending this as one of the best in the area.