- Very Good
- 17 guest reviews
"The room and bathroom were not particularly clean and some aspects made a rather neglected impression. The dinner was rather disappointing q..."
"Not happy through LateRooms I was charged £200 Per night,..."
"The Inn was large, with a restaurant, a bar and two rooms with fires. The room was nicely sized, with a great shower. The lady at reception..."
"Full of character, charm and history..."
"Historic hotel with a wonderfully relaxed atmosphere and helpful staff. Excellent...."
About the hotel
The Mermaid Inn, the Jewel in Rye’s Crown. One of England's oldest and loveliest inns, with norman cellars dating from 1156, the Mermaid, rebuilt in 1420, offers tradition and charm in abundance. The Mermaid Inn is a unique experience, with a wide range of accommodation including rooms with four-poster beds and fascinating secret passages.
The lounge bar boasts one of the largest open log fires in the country. The 2 AA Rosette restaurant offers fine British and French cuisine and the head chef is proud to use only the freshest of local ingredients. For many years The Mermaid has been frequented by artists from the stage and screen: Charlie Chaplin, Pierce Brosnan, Andy Garcia and Johnny Depp to name but a few. Queen Elizabeth, the Queen Mother and Prince Edward have also resided here. Painters from all over the world have spent many a happy hour with brush in hand, capturing the rare character of this beautiful inn The Mermaid has 8 four-poster bedded rooms, 15 double / twin bedded rooms, 5 family and 3 single bedded rooms. In the other bedrooms, the story is repeated fine panelling, Caen stone fireplaces and latticed windows. The second-storey rooms are particularly intriguing with the curved timber supporting the ceilings. The dormer windows afford a unique view of the red-tiled roofs of Rye. Conferences are very popular at the ‘Mermaid’ where guests can enjoy the history and charm of this rare old building as well as professional service and fine cuisine.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
94% would recommend it to a friend
An experience nice to have made but not to be repeated
The room and bathroom were not particularly clean and some aspects made a rather neglected impression.
The dinner was rather disappointing quality and quantity wise espcially with regard to its price. It was, however, an interesting experience to stay in this ancient house that has such a long history.
Not happy through LateRooms I was charged £200 Per night,