"I found everything pretty clean and tidy, except that the glass table top was cracked and I had to rewash a mug which had a dried ring aroun..."
"We had a great time. The Lodge doesn't serve food, but that was fine as basically we just wanted somewhere to sleep. The housekeeper met us..."
"Althought we had no complaints whatsoever, it was strange to stay somewhere where we didn't get to see any staff at any point!..."
"The help and service provided was excellent. Thank you to Cheryl and Clive for going out of your way to make our stay amazing..."
About the hotel
Please note this property is classified as basic budget hotel and the room rental rate reflects this accordingly. Set in the picturesque village of Malborough, The Lodge is positioned between the coastal resorts of Salcombe and Hope Cove, known for their beaches, coastal paths and scenic views. Free on-site parking is provided, as well as a garden with sun loungers.
Check-in from 2pm - 7pm After booking and payment will receive a second email confirming your bedroom allocation and access code details, please ensure you have these details before travelling If you are booking for SAME DAY ARRIVAL you will need to contact the housekeeper for the property and pay on arrival) We provide a generous self-service continental breakfast but we do not provide lunch or dinner however there are two pubs in the village both of which serve great food all day. Each of the en-suite rooms are comfortable and well-appointed and they include free Wi-Fi access, flat-screen TV with Sky Channels, tea & coffee making facilities. Hope Cove and Salcombe can both be reached within a 10-minute drive, the latter of which lies within the South Devon Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Guests can enjoy pleasure sailing, yachting and hiking in these areas.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , Cots available , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Pets Allowed , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- In Room Entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar
- [Channels] News
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- 11/10/2012 to 31/12/2021 - The Lodge operates on a self-service basis. Prior to arrival, guests will be provide with all the necessary information to access their accomodation. Please note guests can not check in after 10PM. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
45% would recommend it to a friend
Run down basic self service fire alarm going of for 15 mins all guests wondering around confused
Although I had read the reviews and should have listened was hoping for clean bed but took my own towels.
Was staying in the area for a funeral and limited accommodation available when we were booking. Other guests food was eaten from the fridge. Out of date milk was in the fridge although some fresh milk was also available.concerned as we called out house keeper when fire alarm had been ringing for 15 mins. Feel £130 for two nights was excessive for what we received. On both mornings came down to dirty dishes and food left out. I cleared the kitchen on the 2 nd morning as I was unable to make toast in the mess.
Low budget aka awful
How do the owners get away with this.
Shabby, dirty and looks like the owners are making a killing from unsuspecting punters.
When you arrive some where like this after a long drive, there is little option but to stay, but our instincts were to run away.