- 8 guest reviews
"Really enjoyed a break at The Sheep, friendly staff, excellent food and character accommodation...."
"We went to the Cotswolds to visit a friend and have an enjoyable quiet weekend. The Grapevine is now called the Sheep after a refurbishment..."
"I was after a cheap room for the night while working locally but what the Grapevine Hotel provides is far more than that. I wasn't expecting..."
"Very pleasant staff hotel lovely food very nice had a wonderful time..."
"We found the Grapevine to be exactly what we wanted. A warm welcome. Friendly and efficient staff. A very nice room and bathroom . Good food..."
About the hotel
The Grapevine Hotel is set in the historic market town of Stow-on-the-Wold, amid the warm honey coloured Cotswold stone buildings and rolling countryside, this 17th Century hotel has become justly renowned for its warm hospitality and fine dining. Named after the ancient vine that shades the hotel’s Conservatory restaurant (the second oldest indoor grapevine in the land, over 110 years old), The Grapevine Hotel also has 22 individually furnished bedrooms, a restaurant and a bar. Stow on the Wold is a thriving town and the Grapevine is the perfect base for exploring the best of the Cotswolds.
Please be aware that the kitchen is closed until further notice, this means breakfast will be served at (The Porch House) on the opposite side of the road from The Grapevine Hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room, Wake Up Call Available, Pets Allowed, Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- In Room Entertainment
- Disabled Access Public Areas
Useful Info Show/hide
- 15:00 22:00
- Up to 15 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Great value in Stow
Really enjoyed a break at The Sheep, friendly staff, excellent food and character accommodation.
Fab Hotel, Great eggs and a noisy road (boo!)
We went to the Cotswolds to visit a friend and have an enjoyable quiet weekend.
The Grapevine is now called the Sheep after a refurbishment and is very well presented and was a very enjoyable place to spend time. The glitches were not due to the hotel staff but factors outside their control with no taxi available to help us visit our friends prompted us to take a lovely walk ( local cabs cater to longer distances rather than the occasional short hop) and the morning was interrupted by a noisy road and a recycling vehicle - but we did have our window open for a hot night, if its more temperate and you can close the secondary glazing this won't be a problem and in any case the eggs benedict (or Royale if you prefer) made up for the unplanned early start.