"The hotel was being redecorated during my stay but this did not ruin my weekend at all. The breakfast was excellent the room was good with a..."
"This hotel was friendly and clean and opposite the beach area. only little snag I have was the bed was a bit hard. will definitely stay at t..."
About the hotel
A warm and friendly welcome is assured on your arrival at the Torbay Court Hotel. Unique in every respect, famed for its feeling of friendliness and comfort. The Torbay Court Hotel makes the ideal setting for your holiday, this and every year.
Centrally situated in Torbay, only a few minutes level walk from Paignton seafront and town centre, in a quiet cul de sac away from the noise of traffic and the holiday crowds. The restaurant offers full table service with a varied daily menu of traditional meals. The large bar lounge is open every night and includes entertainment most nigthts. The comfortably appointed en - suite bedrooms all have colour televisions, shaver points and complimentary tray of tea and coffee (We are going through a refurbishment as we have just taken over the hotel. )
Showing Saturday 28 November 2015 to Sunday 29 November 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Porter , Ground floor bedrooms , Lift to all floors
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 10:30 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
22% would recommend it to a friend
Torbay Court Hotel
Very noisy in room 207 thanks to a cupboard being next to room which sounds like a washing machine.
Headboard banging into big picture on the wall if you may be enjoying yourselves. Manager not helpful with complaint.
Arrived at the hotel to a warm welcome, but things went downhill from there.
I wasn't advised that the payment would be taken from the card I used to reserve the room, nor that a charge for my dog or the use of a credit card would be extra!. I'm not sure if it's a LateRooms problem or Torbay Court Hotel problem, but I was NOT impressed to find that the payment had already been taken before I arrived at the Hotel. Room: Very basic, wallpaper hanging off the wall, low pressure shower, low sink In the bathroom, toilet roll holder too high. Lots of tea and coffee making supplies. Breakfast: Two waiting staff who struggled with approximately 40 people in the breakfast room. One lady taking orders and one man serving the food. We waited approximately 20 minutes before being approached for our order, food came swiftly, but was sparse and not very warm. I ordered porridge and it got completely forgotten, when reminded about it, it got brought over and was cold!. Juices were not refilled, so once they were gone, there was no more. Toast and cereal you helped yourself to, which was great.
Entertainment: We were in a Room on the First Floor and almost directly above the entertainment going on that evening. It was a man doing a DJ/Disco and it was incredibly loud. I wouldn't have minded if there were several people enjoying his music, but the room had about 6 OAP's sitting at the far end and no-one was up dancing. We had an extremely busy day planned the following day and had just travelled 120 miles, taking 5 hours in total due to traffic delays. We just wanted to crash and get some sleep, but had to wait until about 11pm for the music to stop!. If I weren't in my PJ's, I would've gone downstairs and asked for the music to at least be turned down. It was incredibly loud and made our room vibrate.
Location: Perfect. It's about 5 minutes to the sea front, 10 minutes into town and close to Victoria Park for walking dogs.
Staff: Very friendly and helpful. Overall, I would rather have paid £6 more in total and stayed in a hotel in Torquay. It would've been dog-friendly, much quieter, with better rooms and facilities, with a buffet breakfast, where we could've helped ourselves and with no hidden charges or payment being taken from the card I was told was only to reserve the room.