- Very Good
- 3 guest reviews
"Very nice stay, staff friendly and helpful. Good food and atmosphere...."
"We were visiting relatives in Carlisle on the Sunday so we decided to make a weekend of it by staying at The Golden Fleece on the Saturday n..."
About the hotel
A warm welcome awaits you at this country inn of history and character, set in Hadrian’s Wall territory. The whole establishment has recently undergone a complete refurbishment and the eight en-suite bedrooms have been tastefully decorated and furnished. Egyptian linen, fluffy bathrobes and home-made biscuits are just some of the additional touches which ensure a comfortable and relaxing break.
Situated in beautiful open countryside, with ample on-site parking and free wi-fi. Continental Breakfast is included in price of accomodation or full English breakfast is available at an extra cost of £7. 50 per person, dinner is served in cosy dining rooms that have earned an excellent reputation for their delicious food, freshly cooked from locally sourced produce. An extensive menu offers bar meals, light lunches and a la carte options. During the winter months, open fires, comfortable sofas and armchairs create a relaxed atmosphere and once the lighter nights and warmer weather arrives, outdoor seating areas and a children’s playground really come into their own. The Golden Fleece lies on the A689, just three miles from the historic city of Carlisle, three miles from the picturesque market town of Brampton and only 10 minutes drive from the M6 motorway. Ideally situated for exploring Hadrian’s Wall, the Lake District National Park, Keilder Park and South West Scotland.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Children's Facilities - Outdoor
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Bar
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , CD Player , [Channels] News , [Channels] Movies (Free) , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Doctor on call
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Very nice stay, staff friendly and helpful.
Good food and atmosphere.
We were visiting relatives in Carlisle on the Sunday so we decided to make a weekend of it by staying at The Golden Fleece on the Saturday night and have a meal there also.
We were welcomed on arrival and shown up to our double room on the first floor. Everything was very nice including the homemade shortbread on the tea tray. The ensuite shower room was adequate albeit on the small size. Went down for our meal and after being given the menu we were surprised to be given complimentary appetizers. Food and drinks were good as was service. Breakfast in the morning was also good. Can fully recommend and we will return.