- 7 guest reviews
"Hotel reception and greeting fine All staff very helpful Noise from adjacent room - could hear the telephone conversation of the occupant at..."
"Clean, but very dated throughout, but excellent staff..."
"+ very dog friendly + very helpful - wifi (extra charges) vanished every few minutes..."
"We thought that in general the hotel was acceptable, the breakfast was not too good but the restaraunt food was fine. The staff in general w..."
"I just needed a quiet place for an overnight stay in a busy schedule This was a well cared for hotel, with tasteful and comfortable decor an..."
About the hotel
The Cumberland Hotel is situated on the edge of the Solway Firth, from which views across the sea to South West Scottish coastline, and views of the Isle of Man, to the south west. Hotel is also on the edge of town centre, so all shops and facilities, including the marina, fishing and port of Workington, coastal walks and shoreline are within a short walking distance. Hotel awarded David Urquhart Travel (coach tours) Premier Hotel status 2011, for excellence of welcome, in house-services, decor, cleanliness and Restaurants.
Opposite to Rail Station and with Public Transport stop ( with services to Cockermouth/ Keswick/ Penrith) on Falcon Street (opposite Reception). Free Wi-Fi on the ground floor, £3 for 24hr in-room access. Code can be purchased at our Reception. Lounge Bar for exclusive use of Guests. Superb Food, (English - Italian- Indian) with Restaurant for 80 Guests and Function Suite (Harvey's Suite) for 185 Guests (fitted dance floor and private bar) Free car park (40 vehicles + coaches) with 24/7 cctv (only Hotel in Workington with this facility) Garden Area with mature trees, small bird nesting and conservation area. This is a business and family friendly Hotel, which does not tolerate anti social behaviour in any way, at any time.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available , Currency Exchange
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Secretary Service , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Doctor on call , Porter , Lift to all floors , Public Air Conditioning
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 13:00 hours
- Until 11:30 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
71% would recommend it to a friend
Hotel reception and greeting fine
All staff very helpful
Noise from adjacent room - could hear the telephone conversation of the occupant at 12.45 at night
Hotel getting a bit tired but overall a good stay