- Very Good
- 14 guest reviews
"What a beautiful place to stay..."
"Not the place to stay if you are wearing heels - car park is up hill with 3 flights of steps and rooms are a walk up hill. Clean accommodati..."
"Very reasonable country house hotel, staff very helpful. Food good, bar selections excellent. Coming back!..."
"Great hotel. Shame about the waitress who served us dinner. Her insistence that my wife pronounce the name of wine in perfect French put a d..."
"stayed on a Friday and ate in the restaurant, good size room and well cooked, reasonably priced set menu..."
About the hotel
This historically listed grade II* Victorian house is situated in the Vale of Evesham, a 25-minute drive from Worcester. The Wood Norton was originally built by exhiled French Royalty and is famous for becoming the BBC's broadcasting headquaters during WW2 and their largest European training center, now after a major restoration and refurbishment The Wood Norton has re-opened its doors. Traditional features include oak-panelled walls, original oak parquet, and charming fireplaces.
'The Bar' is a mix of old and new, and offers a wide range of drinks with a seasonal Bar Menu. Fine British cuisine is served in 'The Restaurant', with food made from local ingredients. Both have picturesque views over 'The South Terrace' and formal gardens.
Rooms at The Wood Norton are traditionally furnished, with 20 bedrooms located within the main hall including 5 spectacular feature Suites. All rooms include en suite bathroom with free toiletries. A flat-screen TV, and tea and coffee making facilities also feature in each room. The hotel offeres free Wi-Fi and onsite parking to all guests.
Birmingham city centre and Birmingham Airport are 30 miles from the hotel, with Cheltenham Racecourse, Stratford-upon-Avon, The Cotswolds and the Malvern Hills all equidistant from The Wood Norton.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities, Air conditioning in rooms, 24 Hour Reception, Cots available, Wedding Licence, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Concierge, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available, Doctor on call, Porter, Ground floor bedrooms, Lift to all floors
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- Gymnasium, Snooker/Billiards, Fishing, [Channels] News, [Channels] Foreign (European), [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
- In Room Entertainment
- TV, Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- Up to 12 years old
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
93% would recommend it to a friend
The Wood Norton
What a beautiful place to stay
Mainly for weddings and conferences
Not the place to stay if you are wearing heels - car park is up hill with 3 flights of steps and rooms are a walk up hill.
Clean accommodation, friendly staff, restaurant and bar food very pricey