- 1 guest reviews
"Me and my boyfriend stayed at St Johns Lodge over the bank holiday weekend, we received a warm welcome by the owner when we arrived. We were..."
About the hotel
This recently refurbished guest house is ideally situated between Windermere village and the lake (about 10 minutes walk). Stylish rooms and a great breakfast which consists of a fabulous variety catering for meat eaters, vegetarians, vegans, coeliacs, and fish lovers. St John's Lodge offers a range of good quality modern accommodation at affordable prices.
The team are able to help with your choice of walks, activities and restaurants during your stay.
St John's Lodge has been awarded the TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence for 2015, 2014, 2013 and a Visit England Silver Award for high quality accommodation and customer service, the Visit England Breakfast Award and a 5/5 rating for food hygiene from Food Standards Agency.
• In the heart of the Lake District
• 10 minutes walk from Windermere village and the lake at Bowness Bay
• Close to restaurants, pubs, shops, train/ bus station (15 minutes walk) and Beatrix Potter attraction
• Choice of over 35 award winning cooked breakfasts including house speciality dishes
• Daily choice of over 15 vegetarian and vegan home made breakfasts
• Many Gluten and dairy free choices
• Fair Trade teas and coffee
• Free wi-fi in all rooms, free parking, free luggage store
• Enjoy a peaceful nights sleep
A stay at St John’s Lodge for 2 nights or more includes a complimentary day membership at a luxury leisure club during your stay. We partner with the beautiful Low Wood – situated less than a 10 minute drive/taxi on the shores of Lake Windermere. The Low Wood Club provides you with your choice of activity and tranquillity in luxurious surroundings!
The range of facilities include:
Indoor, 50 ft heated swimming pool Spacious, state-of-the-art, fully equipped gym Fitness classes, circuits, spinning, zumba, squash,
Outdoor hot tub, Jacuzzi, sauna, steam room, cold plunge
20% discount on the full range of beauty treatments by Low Wood's experienced therapists. Products by Repechage
20% discount on all other treatments including massage, aromatherapy, men’s grooming.
20% off at The Coffee House and Bistro Café de Lago offering fabulous views on the shores of Lake Windermere
and a wide choice of menu options
Opening Times: Monday to Sunday 7am – 10pm
(juniors under 15 years 8. 30am – 8pm)
OTHER USEFUL INFORMATION:
CHECK IN from 10:30am to 9:30pm. CHECK OUT by 10:30am.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Business Centre
- Gymnasium , Indoor Pool , Aerobics Studio , Fitness Centre , Sauna , Steam Rooms , Massage , Beauty Salon/Manicure , Solarium , Jacuzzi
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Children's Facilities - Indoor
- Porter , Ground floor bedrooms
- Bar , Breakfast to go
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 10:30 hours
- Until 10:30 hours
- 01/01/2016 to 31/12/2025 - OTHER USEFUL INFORMATION: CHECK IN from 10:30am to 9:30pm. CHECK OUT by 10:30am. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Me and my boyfriend stayed at St Johns Lodge over the bank holiday weekend, we received a warm welcome by the owner when we arrived.
We were then shown to our room which was very cosy and modern. The breakfast was one of the best breakfast's i've ever had and you could tell it was locally sourced products. Very close to both Windermere and Bowness which is handy. Would definitely return and recommend to other people.