"Bedroom very modern, as was the shower room. Obviously had the designer treatment , and it was attractive. The 'common parts' were very tire..."
"Old building, clean and fresh inside. Friendly staff, good beer. Didn't eat there, so don't know about the food. Nice clean room, slept well..."
"Room + ensuite extremely comfortable. All staff very friendly and willing to help us. Hotel provided space for us to entertain visitors. Foo..."
"Quite a sweet little single room but there was quite considerable road noise, not helped by the fact that the sash window wouldn't close pro..."
About the hotel
This 18th-century coaching inn is 500 metres from the town centre and a mile from Sevenoaks Rail Station. It offers free parking and good access to central London and Gatwick Airport. The Royal Oak is a few minutes' drive from the M25 and M23 motorways.
Central London is 32 minutes away by train and there are regular trains to Ashford International Rail Station for the Eurostar. Queen Victoria stayed at the Royal Oak when she visited nearby Knole House and deer park. Food is available in the bar, in the conservatory and in the restaurant. 24-hour room service is available. The hotel has FREE unlimited WIFI throughout.
Showing Thursday 30 July 2015 to Friday 31 July 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Concierge, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Interconnecting rooms available, Pets Allowed
- Car parking available onsite
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV, Satellite TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Movies (Free), [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Porter, Ground floor bedrooms, Public Air Conditioning
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
30% would recommend it to a friend
Royal Oak Hotel, Sevenoaks
Having looked forward to staying in this hotel, I was very disappointed with the quality of our room.
The whole annex looked sad, dark and gloomy and in need of a complete makeover. To list but a few things, ironing board and iron greeted us at the top of the stairs,
Scratches on bath panels,
Uneven floor in bathroom,
Peeling wallpaper and bits pasted on which did not match,
Window sills in very poor repair. Shall I go on?
A bit tired and a funny smell
Our room was in the extension out the back and the outside was certainly a bit tired, with flaking paint work.
Inside the room looked fine, but had a few dark marks on the carpet and very musty smell. The toilet handle almost came out every time you flushed and the shower temperature couldn't be adjusted below very hot. Not of this was a disaster, but it didn't make you want to spend much time in the room. At £145, I expected a much better experience, and am always amazed that the people who own and run these type of tired old hotels don't ever seem to have watched the 'Hotel Inspector'. The staff were friendly enough, but I wouldn't rush back.