- Very Good
- 26 guest reviews
"This hotel was a great find. The rooms were spacious and very well presented. We eat in the resturant and the food was excellent (as you wou..."
"Didn't know what to expect as never used this group before. Pleasantly surprised, very pleasantly surprised. Room was of a very good quality..."
"The rooms were all well decorated and clean. Tea and coffe facilities and also able to provide any toiletries that may have forgotten. Staff..."
"The bedside lights could be brighter as it is difficult to read with 40 watt...."
"This is a really good place for a short stay. We were in Ormskirk for a funeral and only needed to stay one night. It is easy to find and th..."
About the hotel
This cosy lodge is nestled on the edge of the pretty village of Aughton, providing quality hotel accommodation that's ideal for Aintree racecourse and Knowsley Safari Park. Whether you're planning a weekend's racing, some family elephant-spotting or a Liverpool business trip, it's the perfect country escape. You'll find it's home to 12 elegant, comfortable rooms and a Miller & Carter steakhouse.
So whatever you get up to, be sure to build an exceptional, 28-day matured steak into your plans. Aughton is a great spot from which to explore Lancashire and Merseyside. Travel back to the 16th century at the stunning, half-timbered Old Rufford Hall. See Angel of the North artist Antony Gormley's famous sculptures at Hightown beach. Or dive into the brilliant shopping and cultural attractions of Liverpool city centre.
Showing Wednesday 14 October 2015 to Thursday 15 October 2015Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Car parking available onsite
- Restaurant , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- 24/12/2015 to 25/12/2015 - Check in times are restricted to between Noon and 5pm on Christmas Day. In addition the pub may be closed from mid afternoon on the 25th. Please refer to the individual pub/lodge for exact timings. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
96% would recommend it to a friend
What a great find
This hotel was a great find.
The rooms were spacious and very well presented. We eat in the resturant and the food was excellent (as you would expect from a Miller & Carter venue). The service in the restaurant was excellent even though it was really busy. Our waitress was attentive and happy, even though she was rushed off her feet. Breakfast was also great with plenty to choose from. The location was quite and peaceful, but just a short drive to lots of places. We will definitely stay again, already looking for a reason to re book.
Didn't know what to expect as never used this group before.
Pleasantly surprised, very pleasantly surprised. Room was of a very good quality. Had mid afternoon bar snacks and beer - great quality. Had our evening meal in the restaurant - steak was brilliant. Highly recommend this hotel.