- 8 guest reviews
"Warm, inviting, small hotel which has been tastefully and expensively upgraded by the current proprietor. Hotel has lots of old world charm...."
"Beautiful house, well-kept, extremely clean and very comfortable...."
"Thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The rooms were a brilliant size and the house was stunning. Had a great stay, would certainly come again!..."
"Booked last minute and value for money. Franc and his team could not have been a better host, from the minute we arrived until we left, exce..."
"Lovely location and lovely service/room. Late check in being after 4pm. Would recommend dining in Grill 48...."
About the hotel
Nestled in 30 acres of wooded grounds, just 2 miles from Dunfermline, this 14th Century House offers luxurious accommodation, opulent surroundings, free Wi-Fi and on-site parking. Approached by a sweeping tree-lined drive, Balmule House exhibits a genteel grace that is evocative of the seductive charms of its historical past. The property has undergone an extensive and sympathetic renovation of the past years, resulting in some truly inspired accommodation.
Combining the romantic allure of the past with the comforts of the present, each of the 8 rooms have been elegantly refurbished to the highest standards and offer views over the hotel's vast acres of beautiful gardens and woodland. Accommodation is inclusive of a delicious full Scottish breakfast. As the hotel does not have a liquor licence, guests are encouraged to bring their own alcoholic drinks. Please note there is only capacity for extra beds in superior rooms. Children are charged at £25 per person.
Showing Tuesday 7 July 2015 to Wednesday 8 July 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, Wake Up Call Available
- Wedding Licence, Porter
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Business Centre, Private dining services
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player, TV, Video/DVD Library, CD Player, CD Library, [Channels] News, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens, Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Breakfast to go
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
Lots of Old World Charm
Warm, inviting, small hotel which has been tastefully and expensively upgraded by the current proprietor.
Hotel has lots of old world charm. Staff very friendly.
Balmule House: Comfortable luxury
Beautiful house, well-kept, extremely clean and very comfortable.