- 25 guest reviews
"Denise and her staff are very welcoming and helpful. This is a lovely old building which is tastefully decorated with fresh flowers in the c..."
"It was worth staying at Newton House just for the breakfast, which was delicious and reminded me what a good English breakfast was. Everyone..."
"Great breakfast with locally sourced ingredients highly recomended . Good location to visit the town..."
"A very welcoming hotel, room was beyond my expectations, and breakfast was superb. the only downside to this hotel is possibly the parking...."
"We were in room 8 which was very nice lovely extras and facilities but it would have been nicer if the shower room had been heated for this..."
About the hotel
Wonderful 300-year-old townhouse, with 12 bedrooms, in centre of Knaresborough, just 5 mins from the A1M, and close to Harrogate and the Great Yorkshire Showground. Ideally situated for exploring Yorkshire Dales, Yorkshire Moors and York; and town centre location particularly good for guests travelling by public transport (just 10 mins walk from train station, and buses every 7 mins to Harrogate). Allegedly built with stone from Knaresborough Castle, Newton House combines Georgian elegance with modern comforts and has been awarded 4 Gold Stars for excellence by the AA.
Bedrooms are individually-decorated and furnished to complement the character of the building, and provide everything you could need for a comfortable nights stay. Spacious guest sitting-room, with the smallest bar in Knaresborough which is operated as an honesty bar for guests' convenience. Free Wi-Fi in all rooms; small private car park with space for 8/9 cars. Award-winning breakfasts using local, free-range & home-made produce. (Newton House has been shortlisted for the 'Best Yorkshire Breakfast' in the 2014 Yorkshire Post and Deliciously Yorkshire Taste Awards. ) Two Family rooms and two pet-friendly rooms.
Showing Saturday 25 April 2015 to Sunday 26 April 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Babysitting services, Cots available, Interconnecting rooms available, Children's Facilities - Indoor, Pets Allowed
- Car parking available onsite, Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player, TV, Video/DVD Library, [Channels] News, [Channels] Music, [Channels] Childrens, Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Minibar in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant
- Bar, Breakfast to go
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The LateRooms.com rates for Newton House in Knaresborough are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
96% would recommend it to a friend
Denise and her staff very welcoming and helpful. Homemade fruit compote yummy! Thank you.
Denise and her staff are very welcoming and helpful.
This is a lovely old building which is tastefully decorated with fresh flowers in the communal areas and the underlying perfume of beeswax polish. The toiletries provided were by Arran aromatics, a welcome change from those ubiquitous little sachets found in most B and B's
Homemade fruit compote for breakfast was yummy. Thank you.
A gem in Knaresborough
It was worth staying at Newton House just for the breakfast, which was delicious and reminded me what a good English breakfast was.
Everyone was really friendly and made my stay extremely comfortable. Would definitely stay there again.