- Very Good
- 47 guest reviews
"Having stayed here for a week last year, it is still a relaxing place to stay, but little faults and problems are creeping in. A new "nomina..."
"Good facilities, well equipped gym and excellent food. The steam room was not working when we stayed but the salt inhalation room more than..."
"Thought the breakfast was adequate however we ordered one evening meal during our stay which was not of a good standard. It was edible but t..."
"This was our second stay and was just as good as the first. Beautiful setting, amazing food and the most relaxing atmosphere. Spotless rooms..."
"Good but not great. Staff were lovely on a whole. We applied for 12pm check in and finally got into our room at 3:15pm which was disappointi..."
About the hotel
GROWN UPS ONLY The Lifehouse Spa & Hotel is located within 12 acres of English Heritage Gardens at Thorpe-le-Soken, Essex. A series of courtyards and glazed corridors links the contemporary spa hotel to the existing elements and gardens of Thorpe Hall. With a minimum age restriction of 16yrs the atmosphere is one of calm, spaciousness and tranquillity.
No need to pack to enjoy a stay at this casual and relaxed environment and where you choose what you want to eat and drink. The Lifehouse is 90 minute train journey from London Liverpool Street with a shuttle service from Thorpe-le-Soken station (small charge applies). The Spa is a ten minute drive from the traditional seaside town of Frinton-on-Sea and is an ideal location for exploring the south coast. THE ROOMS The 89 bedrooms are decorated in contemporary styles. Floor to ceiling windows look out over the gardens or surrounding countryside. Each room comes with : • complimentary Wi-FI • tea/coffee making facilities • multi-channel TV • Bottled still water, and • hairdryer and luxury toiletries Guests can opt for upgrades to Garden Rooms with outside patios or more spacious Signature rooms with additional amenities. Room rates include including cooked breakfast, access to the spa facilities, use of bathrobes and slippers. Spa use after 11am can be purchased in advance directly with Lifehouse. DINING AT THE LIFEHOUSE Lifehouse's main dining area has a menu that will surprise those who think Spa cuisine cannot be exciting and filling. As well as full dining there is the option of light bites at the bar and outside on the terraces. Alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks are available in the Lifehouse Bar and the Spa Cafe specialises in nutritious smoothies and health drinks WELLBEING & TREATMENTS AT LIFEHOUSE The Spa specialises in wellbeing and fitness with over 30 spa treatment rooms, an 18. 5 metre swimming pool, salt inhalation room, sauna, steam room, hydrotherapy pool and comprehensive fitness gym. Lifehouse specialist treatments include hypnotherapy, physiotherapy, reflexology, shiatsu as well as nutritional and detox programmes. Guests can also opt for fitness, life coaching; nutrition, weight loss, ‘stop smoking’ and holistic therapy sessions. Treatment product partners at Lifehouse include Clarins, Decleor and Ishga. Any treatments must be pre booked to avoid disappointment on the day of arrival. THE GARDENS Lifehouse's 13 acres of listed gardens were laid out by Viscountess Marie Evelyn Byng, when Lord Byng bought Thorpe Hall in 1913. Marie employed a host of renowned gardeners, nurserymen and designers, transforming the landscape and introduced many new botanical species to the gardens. Queen Mary, Churchill and Rudyard Kipling were regular visitors to Thorpe Hall and its famous gardens. Today these well-tended gardens are a place of tranquillity and inspiration for guests. Two ponds, a walled rose garden, rock gardens and acres of open woodland and heath make this an exciting bonus for any visitor.
Showing Friday 22 May 2015 to Saturday 23 May 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Disabled Facilities
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception, 24 Hour Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Concierge, Laundry/Valet Service, Wake Up Call Available
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms, Business Centre, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- Gymnasium, Indoor Pool, Aerobics Studio, Fitness Centre, Sauna, Steam Rooms, Massage, Beauty Salon/Manicure, Solarium, Jacuzzi
- In room entertainment
- TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Sky Sports, [Channels] Music, Radio
- In room facilities
- Safety Deposit Box, Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Telephone In Each Room
- Porter, Ground floor bedrooms, Lift to all floors, Public Air Conditioning
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled Access Bedrooms, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 06/04/2012 to 31/12/2023 - PLEASE NOTE THAT CHILDREN ARE NOT ALLOWED. ONLY THOSE OVER 16 YEARS ARE PERMITTED AT THE HOTEL, DUE TO INSURANCE. SPA TREATMENTS REQUIRE PREBOOKING. PLEASE READ T&Cs AT WWW.LIFEHOUSE.CO.UK The LateRooms.com rates for Lifehouse Spa and Hotel in Thorpe-Le-Soken are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
87% would recommend it to a friend
Relaxing but little problems creeping in
Having stayed here for a week last year, it is still a relaxing place to stay, but little faults and problems are creeping in.
A new "nominal" charge of £3.00 for all classes has been introduced, prices still very high for treatments, errors appeared several times on restuaurant bills (which are rather overpriced at £27.50 for two courses), areas of hotel missed by cleaners and gardens somewhat neglected. Sorry Lifehouse, but more staff and better management may well be needed to resolve these issues and we shall not be staying again until we hear that things have improved.
Good facilities, well equipped gym and excellent food.
The steam room was not working when we stayed but the salt inhalation room more than compensated. An enjoyable stay.