- Very Good
- 12 guest reviews
"The White Horse is a great location as a base to visit historic Kent. The bar and restaurant are top quality and together with the helpful f..."
"Really quaint old inn. Roaring fire, nice beer and a good looking restaurant (although we had already eaten on route). Very relaxed and frie..."
"We stopped over Xmas eve and Xmas Day. The White Horse is a characterful Kent Inn offering accommodation as well as dining in the restaurant..."
"Lovely old tradional hotel , our room was clean if a little tired in places . The bar and restaurant area is very cosy and welcoming , the f..."
"We loved our stay at the White Horae Inn. Warm and friendly staff, excellent food and thoroughly relaxing...."
About the hotel
The White Horse Inn is a historic pub restaurant with more than its fair share to offer guests. Not only is this ancient pilgrims inn mentioned in Chaucer’s Canterbury Tales, but its location in a glorious village within minutes of the M2 but surrounded by hop gardens and orchards recommend this excellent stop before one even ventures inside. As you may well hope, The White Horse is beautifully traditional within, with roaring log fires, beamed ceilings and a cosy, intimate feel.
Meanwhile, outside beautiful landscaping has turned a pleasant pub garden in to an Englishman’s dream. Our chef, Joe Oxberry, is the man creating quite a stir in the kitchen. Oxberry's locally sourced British food has elevated The White Horse to gastropub levels with his combination of creativity and talent, providing guests with the opportunity to enjoy high level food in the most comfortable of atmospheres. The excellent Sunday lunches are extremely popular as are the themed evenings such as jazz suppers featuring award-winning vocalists Christine Tobin and Georgia Mancio. For business travellers being located in a village on the outskirts of Faversham, but within minutes of the M2/A2 junction, makes it an easy half hour journey to Ashford, Maidstone, Dover, Folkestone and Thanet, with Canterbury and Whitstable just 10 minutes away. For visitors there are numerous local attractions such as Canterbury Cathedral, the local Shepherd Neame brewery, Dover and Leeds Castle, golf courses, beaches and Wildwood and Howletts Animal Sanctuary. And if walking or cycling, The White Horse is an ideal place to stay to explore the wonderful Kent countryside; with Mount Ephraim Gardens and the site of The Peasant’s Last Revolt nearby there are many stunning routes on our doorstep. Our 13 bedrooms are beautiful with everything you would expect from a modern hotel, including free wi-fi, extensive parking, disabled access, a la carte restaurant and bar. We have plenty of free parking and we welcome dogs in some of our rooms. The combination of the pub’s history and first-class service guarantees return visits.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available , Children's Facilities - Indoor , Children's Facilities - Outdoor , Pets Allowed
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- Golf 9 Hole , Golf 18 Hole
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Movies (Free) , [Channels] Music , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room
- Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
83% would recommend it to a friend
Good old fashioned homely inn!!!
The White Horse is a great location as a base to visit historic Kent.
The bar and restaurant are top quality and together with the helpful friendly staff our stay was excellent. The rooms are very clean and even though this a very old inn the owners have made the best of the space - maybe some new furniture would improve this even more. We would not hesitate to stay here again - our party of five people all loved it.
Really quaint old inn.
Roaring fire, nice beer and a good looking restaurant (although we had already eaten on route). Very relaxed and friendly feel and very child friendly. Nice room, very well furnished.
Only downsides are that room is on front of inn and road a little noisy. Also room is a little cramped for a family of 4.