- Very Good
- 13 guest reviews
"Stay ok but breakfast for the price was rubbish...."
"Accommodation was standard. Couldn't fault the hotel as a whole but unfortunately they lack customer service skills! Seemed blunt and unwelc..."
"The room was a little tired..."
"The White Horse is a great location as a base to visit historic Kent. The bar and restaurant are top quality and together with the helpful f..."
"Really quaint old inn. Roaring fire, nice beer and a good looking restaurant (although we had already eaten on route). Very relaxed and frie..."
About the hotel
The White Horse Inn is a historic pub restaurant with more than its fair share to offer guests. Not only is this ancient pilgrims inn mentioned in Chaucer’s Canterbury Tales, but its location in a glorious village within minutes of the M2 but surrounded by hop gardens and orchards recommend this excellent stop before one even ventures inside. As you may well hope, The White Horse is beautifully traditional within, with roaring log fires, beamed ceilings and a cosy, intimate feel.
Meanwhile, outside beautiful landscaping has turned a pleasant pub garden in to an Englishman’s dream. Our chef, Joe Oxberry, is the man creating quite a stir in the kitchen. Oxberry's locally sourced British food has elevated The White Horse to gastropub levels with his combination of creativity and talent, providing guests with the opportunity to enjoy high level food in the most comfortable of atmospheres. The excellent Sunday lunches are extremely popular as are the themed evenings such as jazz suppers featuring award-winning vocalists Christine Tobin and Georgia Mancio. For business travellers being located in a village on the outskirts of Faversham, but within minutes of the M2/A2 junction, makes it an easy half hour journey to Ashford, Maidstone, Dover, Folkestone and Thanet, with Canterbury and Whitstable just 10 minutes away. For visitors there are numerous local attractions such as Canterbury Cathedral, the local Shepherd Neame brewery, Dover and Leeds Castle, golf courses, beaches and Wildwood and Howletts Animal Sanctuary. And if walking or cycling, The White Horse is an ideal place to stay to explore the wonderful Kent countryside; with Mount Ephraim Gardens and the site of The Peasant’s Last Revolt nearby there are many stunning routes on our doorstep. Our 13 bedrooms are beautiful with everything you would expect from a modern hotel, including free wi-fi, extensive parking, disabled access, a la carte restaurant and bar. We have plenty of free parking and we welcome dogs in some of our rooms. The combination of the pub’s history and first-class service guarantees return visits.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Interconnecting rooms available , Children's Facilities - Indoor , Children's Facilities - Outdoor , Pets Allowed
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- Golf 9 Hole , Golf 18 Hole
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Movies (Free) , [Channels] Music , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room
- Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
69% would recommend it to a friend
The White Horse Inn
Stay ok but breakfast for the price was rubbish.
Thanks for your review. We serve an unlimited full breakfast cooked to order using local ingredients. There are also juices, yoghurts, fruits, cereals with various toppings, tea and coffee selection, milk selection, gluten free breads, white and malted grain bloomer toast, croissants, smoked salmon, hams, cheeses, jams, porridge, all unlimited, all for £7.95 per head.
The White Horse Inn
Accommodation was standard.
Couldn't fault the hotel as a whole but unfortunately they lack customer service skills. Seemed blunt and unwelcoming!