- Very Good
- 19 guest reviews
"Lovely helpful staff. Breakfast was very good and room contained little extra touches. Looking forward to a return visit...."
"Friendly welcome good directions for parking. Good location and excellent meal with personal attention by the manager. Would recommend to an..."
"Stayed here a couple of years ago and thought it a bit 'tired'. However it's now been totally refurbished to a high standard and is an excep..."
"Courteous and friendly staff, smart and spotless room, hotel very attractively decorated. Thought the scrambled egg too dry, and didn't hug..."
"Our evening meal was superb. The quality and presentation was perfect and the service was second to none. The room was clean but tired and i..."
About the hotel
Centrally located in a small market town this Grade II listed hotel offers complimentary Wi-Fi , Restaurant, real ales and secure free parking. Just 17 miles from Shrewsbury on the Welsh border, this magnificent building offers a warm friendly welcome and is the perfect gateway into Wales. The Royal Oak Hotel has been welcoming travellers for centuries, including recently Her Majesty the Queen of England.
Whether relaxing in winter by an open fire in the snug, enjoying good quality food in the restaurant or just exploring the beautiful surrounding countryside, it is the ideal refuge for all travellers. With a choice of standard, contemporary or classic, all bedrooms boast complimentary Wi-Fi access, flat-screen TVs, room service and tea & coffee making facilities. Guests can look forward to a range of different features, including elegantly carved French beds, delicate fabrics or perhaps more modern boutique style furnishings. The Royal Oak Hotel offers traditional cuisine with a range of mouth-watering delights to discover. Wherever possible the Hotel is committed to using fresh, locally sourced produce and ingredients, including Free Range Eggs, old breed free range sausages and Welsh Lamb - all from the hotel’s own farm. With a tempting Wine list, an impressive range of real ales and even an on-site Costa coffee bar, guests are sure to find the perfect drink to compliment their dining. Recognised as the ‘Gateway to Wales’, Welshpool offers an endless array of things to do and places to see. Nestled within the upper reaches of the picturesque Severn Valley near the border between England and Wales, the town is surrounded by the rolling hills of Montgomeryshire and the glorious unspoilt Welsh countryside. There is also an eclectic selection of inns, restaurants, cafes and pubs to choose from, offering everything from classic Welsh dishes to contemporary dining. The town is also the first stage of the journey on the Welshpool & Llanfair Light Railway. The Hotel is within walking distance of the world-famous Powis Castle and Gardens. Once a medieval fortress home to generations of Welsh Princes, it features an awe-inspiring collection of paintings, sculpture and furniture. Chirks Castle is also just a 30 minute drive away, while the Welsh Coast and Snowdonia are within an hour’s drive. For those who enjoy the great outdoors Offa’s Dyke National Trail is one of the most beautiful walks in the UK, Featuring 177 miles of high wild moorland and the nearby Montgomery Canal offers a scenic cruise-way through the picturesque Welsh marshes.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Doctor on call , Porter , Public Air Conditioning
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite , Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
89% would recommend it to a friend
What a gem
Lovely helpful staff.
Breakfast was very good and room contained little extra touches. Looking forward to a return visit.
Friendly welcome good directions for parking.
Good location and excellent meal with personal attention by the manager. Would recommend to anyone looking for accommodation in Welshpool