- Very Good
- 5 guest reviews
"Very good hotel. We were upgraded as email about our booking had not been picked up by hotel. Not sure whose fault this was. Either LateRoom..."
"Very comfortable bed, great breakfast..."
"The rooms we chose were compact but had everything you needed. One thing to mention is that when your card is Pre-authorised the funds take..."
About the hotel
With a fabulous riverside location , “the-runnymede-on-thames” is easy to reach by road, rail or air with our handy location on the banks of the River Thames , close to Royal Windsor and near to the M25 and Heathrow. Huge windows for wonderful dramatic views of the Thames, open spaces, fresh contemporary interiors and furnishings plus fantastic food concepts, gorgeous guest rooms, many with views of the Thames, an award-winning spa, a buzzy atmosphere and friendly service. There is so much to enjoy and do at “the-runnymede-on-thames” and it’s also perfect for relaxing or doing nothing at all! Just around the corner, you can have a whale of a time at one of the local attractions, wind back the clock at Windsor Castle or take a turn around local gardens and lakes.
Our restaurants and spa are very popular so to avoid disappointment, please make dining reservations or book spa treatments before you arrive. Private boat hire is available from the hotel, please book with the hotel prior to arrival to avoid disappointment. The hotel is an entirely non smoking property. Leftbank closed Sunday evenings. The Lock Bar and Kitchen is closed Saturday lunchtime. The spa is open from 0630 to 2200 Monday to Friday and 0700 to 2100 Saturday and Sunday. Child access times to the spa are as follows:- Monday to Sunday 0800-1200 and 1500-1900. All Children aged 16 and under must be accompanied by an adult at all times (1 adult to 3 children). The children’s playground area is open from 8:00 a. m. – 7:00 p. m. unless the weather is inclement. Our outdoor pool and toddler’s splash area is open to residents from late May to early September. For Health & Safety reasons please also note that the outdoor pool will not be open if the weather is inclement. Please note that once you have checked out of your room, regretfully as the health & fitness spa is a members and residents only club, the spa facilities will no longer be available to you, unless a late departure is agreed in writing by prior arrangement with the reservations team. However, you are more than welcome to continue to use all our restaurants and bar facilities. To check availability for extra beds & family rooms please contact Late Rooms.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , Air conditioning in rooms , 24 Hour Reception , Cots available , Wedding Licence , Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Trouser press in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room , Minibar in each room , Telephone In Each Room , 24 Hour Room Service , Concierge , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available , Currency Exchange , Interconnecting rooms available , Doctor on call , Porter , Lift to all floors , Public Air Conditioning
- Car parking available onsite , Valet Parking
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Business Centre , Secretary Service , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- Gymnasium , Indoor Pool , Outdoor Pool , Aerobics Studio , Fitness Centre , Sauna , Steam Rooms , Massage , Beauty Salon/Manicure , Jacuzzi , Tennis Courts , [Channels] News , [Channels] Sky Sports , [Channels] Movies (Pay Per View) , [Channels] Foreign (European) , [Channels] Foreign (Other) , [Channels] Music , [Channels] Childrens
- In Room Entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV , Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 31/07/2016 to 26/09/2016 - Due to a programme of refurbishment works in bedrooms on the first floor from 1st August to 25th September 2016 inclusive. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
80% would recommend it to a friend
Did not live up to the hype
I heard great things about this hotel but was disappointed.
The room was tiny- there wasn't room for a travel cot so my 2 month old baby had to sleep on the floor. The wifi wasn't working and the in room phone service was down. The air con was noisy and ineffective. I booked a spa treatment but due to a refit in the spa the treatments were carried out in a bedroom on the first floor. This wasn't a very relaxing experience- there were children running up and down the corridor outside and I could hear the couple in the adjoining bedroom chatting. The food was amazing and the location very nice but overall it felt overpriced and just didn't meet the hype (300 for one night in a standard double with dinner & breakfast for 2). I found the front of house staff rather dismissive and unhelpful.
Comfortable, convenient and very friendly and relaxing
Very good hotel.
We were upgraded as email about our booking had not been picked up by hotel. Not sure whose fault this was. Either LateRooms had not sent email or hotel staff had missed it and therefor had not booked our room. There was a conference being held in the hotel so it was fairly full and very lively. It was perfectly placed for the places we were visiting ie Runnymede, Windsor Castle and Eton. Very comfortable in lounge area and was eased to receive complimentary nibbles with the drinks we ordered. We did not use the spa so cannot comment on this. My partner ate at the buffet on our first night there and felt the food could have been better so on evening two we ate in the restaurant where again the food could have been better. Fish did seem super fresh and vegetables were over cooked and rather tired. Overall a very pleasant experience and very convenient for our short break.