- 167 guest reviews
"Great value for money would definitely stay again!..."
"We booked what was described as a Deluxe Room with Sea View.... The room itself was far from Deluxe, two of the light fittings above the bed..."
"The hotel is horrible - we paid £9 to use the pool which was disgusting and the changing room was freezing and unfit for purpose. The whole..."
"Nice 2 day break the staff very nice enjoyed the foods as well...."
About the hotel
Overlooking the beautiful South Bay, The Royal Hotel offers a traditional restaurant and leisure facilities. The hotel is set in a grand period building, just 500 metres from Scarborough Beach. With an indoor swimming pool, the Oasis Leisure Club has a fully equipped gym and poolside loungers.
Guests can also relax in the hot tub or sauna. The spacious bedrooms at The Royal each have a private modern bathroom with free toiletries. All rooms have a trouser press and work desk, and tea/coffee facilities are provided. The hotel offers FREE wifi to all guests. Sea View Restaurant serves a classic British menu and world wine list. Indulgent afternoon teas and refreshments can be enjoyed in the elegant lounges or Theatre Bar, where free Wi-Fi is accessible. The Royal Hotel is just metres from Scarborough Seafront, and Scarborough Harbour is a 10-minute walk away. Sea Life is 1. 5 miles away, and the beautiful North York Moors are a 10-minute drive.
Showing Monday 8 February 2016 to Tuesday 9 February 2016Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence , Lift to all floors
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Car Parking Available Offsite
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- 01/01/2013 to 01/01/2022 - Important Information: The hotel will charge a £2 administration fee on all credit card transactions. Valid Photo ID must be shown if guests are wishing to settle the account by cash. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
59% would recommend it to a friend
Great value for money would definitely stay again!
Discussing! Dirty, unfriendly staff, smelly
Will not stay here again.
What was wrong with this hotel. Well where do I start?. On arrival rude staff not helpful as I had 3 bags & my husband is disabled I had no help!. The room was dirty black mauld on the wall poo in the toilet dirty shower. I got asked for £40 for a different room she then changed her mind to £20 obviously she put that in her pocket!. The pool is dirty I was sick with the smell, my husband came home sick because of contaminated water & they refused to help me until after 10 am (this was 9.30 am) I only wanted a bottle of water but she still said no!!. I will not be staying here again, such a shame.