- 101 guest reviews
"The hotel is in the centre which is excellent for shopping and the beach..."
"It's a nice hotel until you see the halls. They need some attention. We dreaded opening the room door after seeing the hallway(damp on walls..."
"Excellent hotel in the heart of Scarborough staff very welcoming and friendly. My only complaint was on the Saturday night there was loud mu..."
"Shower plug uncovered - bad smell of stagnant water - very smelly in the bathroom, although great sized room - very impressed - love it..."
"I have stayed here a few times and its always been the same, friendly staff, lovely food, and good value for money...."
About the hotel
Overlooking the beautiful South Bay, The Royal Hotel offers a traditional restaurant and leisure facilities. The hotel is set in a grand period building, just 500 metres from Scarborough Beach. With an indoor swimming pool, the Oasis Leisure Club has a fully equipped gym and poolside loungers.
Guests can also relax in the hot tub or sauna. The spacious bedrooms at The Royal each have a private modern bathroom with free toiletries. All rooms have a trouser press and work desk, and tea/coffee facilities are provided. The hotel offers FREE wifi to all guests. Sea View Restaurant serves a classic British menu and world wine list. Indulgent afternoon teas and refreshments can be enjoyed in the elegant lounges or Theatre Bar, where free Wi-Fi is accessible. The Royal Hotel is just metres from Scarborough Seafront, and Scarborough Harbour is a 10-minute walk away. Sea Life is 1. 5 miles away, and the beautiful North York Moors are a 10-minute drive.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wedding Licence , Lift to all floors
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car Parking Available Offsite
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- 01/01/2013 to 01/01/2022 - Important Information: The hotel will charge a £2 administration fee on all credit card transactions. Valid Photo ID must be shown if guests are wishing to settle the account by cash. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
59% would recommend it to a friend
The hotel is in the centre which is excellent for shopping and the beach
Honest prices and service.
It's a nice hotel until you see the halls.
They need some attention. We dreaded opening the room door after seeing the hallway(damp on walls). But we were slightly pleased with the room.
Also the receptionist was very helpful.
In all, £59 for a very rushed night away was good value and located near the sea with a view of harbour
If you want an epic night pay an epic price. You get what you pay for in this world.
Very nice period staircase in entrance too.
Would stay again.