This hotel doesn't have any reviews yet.
About the hotel
Inside of the historic Monastery of São Martinho de Tibães there’s a unique place to stay in Braga, here you can get a different experience in the company of a Religious Community of the Missionary Workers. Only 9 guest rooms simply furnished with private bathroom, bathrobe for using during the stay, LCD with satellite channels, direct dial telephone and air conditioning. At Restaurant L’Eau Vive open every day for lunch and dinner, except Monday, you can taste the best French cuisine with a Portuguese touch by the hands of the Religious Community of the Missionary Workers.
From the Hospedaria you can get free access to the Monastery during its operation period or a free guided tour (subject to availability and prior request), after your journey you can sit in the bar next to the tv or to the fireplace and take a drink. A small meeting room, Sala São Martinho, can be rented for you social or professional events. From approximately 6 km to the historical city center of Braga, , where you can visit the Santa Barbara Garden, the historical coffee shops of “Arcada” and “Brasileira”, the Cathedral and its Museum. And if you to climb the hill by car, you can also visit the Religious triangle of Braga, where you find the Sanctuary of Bom Jesus, Sameiro and Santa Marta. About the Monastery, the Monastery of São Martinho de Tibães is the former Motherhouse of the Benedictine Congregation Portuguese, is classified as a Public Interest since 1944 and has been since 1994, protected by a Special Protection Zone. The cruise of the backyard is a National Monument since 1910. Founded in the late eleventh century, when Portuguese county began to assert himself and the monks of Cluny introduced the monastic rule of St. Benedict, hoisted himself with the real support and the granting of charters Couto, one of the richest and powerful monasteries in northern Portugal. The demographic and economic crisis from mid-fourteenth century, settled in Portugal has reflected hard on quotidian monastic who lived a long period of decadence and spiritual stuff. With the sixteenth century, and in pursuit of the resolutions of the Council of Trent , the Monastery of São Martinho de Tibães receive new monastic reform, participating in founding the Congregation of the Black Monks of St. Benedict of the Kingdoms of Portugal and became the Mother House of all the Benedictine monasteries. Beautiful monumental space, it is assumed, during the seventeenth and eighteenth centuries, an important commercial producer and disseminator of culture and aesthetics, becoming one of the largest and most important Benedictine monastic sets and a place of Portuguese thought and art.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- In room facilities
- Air conditioning in rooms , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , 24 Hour Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Concierge , Wake Up Call Available , Currency Exchange
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
- In room entertainment
- TV , Satellite TV
- Doctor on call , Lift to all floors , Public Air Conditioning
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Valet Parking
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Leisure Facilities
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
No reviews yet