- 22 guest reviews
"When we arrived it was clear that this is a very popular place to be! The staff were very friendly and made us feel welcome. The room was ex..."
"Excellent accommodation - good clean room with all facilities and comfortable king size bed. Meals very good and well presented. Many locals..."
"Good location for myself. Food out of this world. Fantastic room decoration. you thought you were in a castle...."
"Staff very friendly, food very good, rooms very clean with all the required amenities. I would definately return...."
"Having stayed a number of times at the mills sister hotel, we decided to try here for our anniversary night away. The food as always with th..."
About the hotel
Just off junction 61 of the A1M, The Old Mill is a traditional English Inn offering excellent food all day and en suite bedrooms. Durham is just 5 miles away. Tastefully furnished bedrooms feature bathrooms with a shower or bath.
They also include free Wi-Fi, TVs, hair dryers, telephones and tea/coffee making facilities. Enjoy a fine meal from the The Old Mill’s English and European menu in the large dining room, the mezzanine balcony or the conservatory. The bar has cosy alcoves creating a warm intimate atmosphere. Durham is easily accessible and the Cathedral and University are a short 10-minute drive. The Angel of The North and Newcastle are both within reach.
Showing Tuesday 4 August 2015 to Wednesday 5 August 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout, Smoking allowed in public areas
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Wake Up Call Available
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
5 Star - just not enough.
When we arrived it was clear that this is a very popular place to be.
The staff were very friendly and made us feel welcome. The room was exceptional. A large bathroom well set out and a lovely big bed. The staff were able to accommodate us for a meal and the food was outstanding. Far too much on the plate but excellent quality and value for money. We enjoyed the experience so much we have already booked our next trip and stay at the Old Mill. I cannot recomment this location enough. Definitely a 5 star rating from us.
Extended our stay !
Excellent accommodation - good clean room with all facilities and comfortable king size bed.
Meals very good and well presented. Many locals take advantage of using the restaurant in the evening - the quality speaks for itself. Staff friendly and efficient - and helpful with local knowledge (thanks Shaun, duty manager). We were staying for one night originally but stayed in area for an extra day and were lucky enough to be able to get a room extension. We shall definitely use this accommodation again when we return to the North East.