This hotel doesn't have any reviews yet.
About the hotel
Set in the coastal village of Charmouth at the heart of the UNESCO World Heritage Site also know as The Jurassic Coast, The White House has been owned and run by Ian and Elizabeth Simpson since 2001. The hotel itself is one of three Regency villas built in 1827 and over the years has been a private dwelling, a girls school and a boarding house. It became an hotel in the late 1960s.
Following a complete refurbishment of the rooms in February 2013 we were awarded Four Star GOLD Award by the AA in April 2013 as well as a breakfast and dining award. Ian and Liz have sympathetically renovated and redecorated the whole building in the elegant and refined Recency style; a remarkable feature of the building are four curved panelled doors one of which leads into the restaurant. Ian is the chef at the hotel and has won many awards for the food in the restaurant, the latest in 2012, Taste of the West Gold Award for Restaurant and for Bed and Breakfast. All food is sourced from local farms, growers and fishermen wherever possible and provenance and seasonality are bywords in Ian's kitchen The walled kitchen garden provides fruit, herbs and vegetables for use on the menus and the chickens contribute a few eggs every day. Breakfasts offer locally sourced bacon, sausages, kippers, fresh free range eggs ,fried,boiled, poached or scrambled (with smoked salmon if you wish) and toasted hand carved bread from award winning Leakers Bakery in Bridport ( We do not use cheap and nasty supermarket bread) all cooked to order between 8. 30 and 10. 00 am every day. Earlier breakfast can be arranged on request. Surrounded by glorious countryside, close to River cottage, just two miles from Lyme Regis and just a few hundred yards from one of the best fossiling beaches in the world there is much to be found in the area any time of year. If you have any questions about the hotel or the beautiful area in which we are fortunate enough to live , do call Ian or Liz on 01297 560 411
Showing Sunday 24 May 2015 to Monday 25 May 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Car parking available onsite, Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player, TV, Video/DVD Library, [Channels] News, [Channels] Movies (Free), [Channels] Music, Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room
- Family friendly
- Pets Allowed
- Ground floor bedrooms
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- 01/08/2012 to 02/09/2012 - Please note our restaurant is closed on Sunday and Monday evenings and throughout August. The LateRooms.com rates for The White House Hotel in Charmouth are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
No reviews yet