- Very Good
- 21 guest reviews
"I booked a superior room at Brathay hall for Saturday 28th March. Upon arrival we were met by a very helpful and pleasant bloke and given o..."
"Just returned from an overnight stay, on arrival our general opinion was the reception area looked like a youth hostel ! How wrong we were !..."
"Pleasantly surprised by the beautiful location and value for money accommodation. Well fitted room with amazing views, comfortable bed and g..."
"Lovely setting and great value for money!..."
About the hotel
Brathay Hall is the Residential Centre for the Brathay Trust Charity. The estate has signs for the Brathay Trust, please take this entrance and at the top of the driveway you will find Brathay Hall. Set in 360 acres of mature woodland and rolling pasture, at the head of Lake Windermere, Brathay Hall offers accommodation suitable for all the family.
Guests on the stunning Estate will experience the wonderful views that have inspired artists and poets alike for centuries. Wordsworth, Coleridge and Constable have all been notable visitors to the Hall and its impressive gardens. Each room enjoys en-suite bathroom, tea and coffee making facilities, hairdryer and plasma screen television with access to Freeview channels. For those on a budget we also have male and female dormitory accommodation within the Hall. We are located just a 15 minute walk from Ambleside, where you can enjoy a selection of shops, restaurants and traditional pubs. We offer free on-site parking and free Wi-Fi is also available. A buffet style traditional full English breakfast is served each morning in our dining room, overlooking stunning views of the surrounding area. Guests can simply relax and unwind in the beautiful surroundings of the Brathay Hall Estate; whilst the more adventurous can enjoy the hills and fells around us.
Showing Saturday 6 February 2016 to Sunday 7 February 2016Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms , Business Centre
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Childrens , Radio
- In room facilities
- Safety Deposit Box , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room
- Ground floor bedrooms
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar , Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms , Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 17:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
86% would recommend it to a friend
just a youth hostel
Stayed in July, booked over late rooms as b&b, but it was a youth hostel.
Horrible rooms that smelt of damp and long hair in the breakfast. Got ignore by all staff at breakfast because we came down at 8.45 and breakfast stops at 9.
2 nights at Brathay Hall
The main function of Brathay is as a centre for young people to experience the outdoors.
As such this "outward bound " atmosphere was reflected in our B&B experience. Limited reception and bar facilities, limited food choice and a room that was left uncleaned over 48 hours.