- Very Good
- 20 guest reviews
"We booked a standard room at a Special Price offer but have to say that we wouldn't have liked to pay any more for it. It was clean, warm an..."
"My girlfriend and I arrived and the whole of the countryside was covered in snow including the hotel, this made it quite magical. I know tha..."
"Reasonable value for money, but you do have to pay £5 for parking. I'm not sure it mentioned this when I booked my stay online...."
"A fair hotel. A bit tired in places. The rooms could do with redecorating and the furnishings replaced. The bathrooms are utility, though cl..."
"Another good stay at the Windermere. The staff are excellent, especially reception and bar. Very good value for money. Will return again soo..."
About the hotel
Perfectly situated on a hilltop overlooking the quaint village of Windermere and the beautiful surrounding areas, The Windermere Hotel boasts stunningly decorated public areas including a comfortable lounge and adjacent bar as well a spacious and elegant dining room and comfortable bedrooms with everything you would expect in a modern establishment. Our location set high above the town of Windermere gives us beautiful views over the lake, guests can stroll into the town and, for the more energetic, the lake itself is just a 20 minute walk. Originally called the Riggs Windermere Hotel, named after Thomas Rigg who built it in 1847, the hotel opened at the same time as the railway from Oxenholme to Windermere.
The hotel name has changed but the hotel and railway station remain and greet most visitors on their way to Windermere. A recent refurbishment of the bar and restaurant has left us a really warm modern look that returning guests love, but the hotel still retains a lovely old feel, true to its railway heritage.
Showing Sunday 14 February 2016 to Monday 15 February 2016Change Search
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Hotel services
- 24 Hour Reception , Wake Up Call Available
- Family friendly
- Cots available
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar
- In room entertainment
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Ground floor bedrooms , Lift to all floors
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled toilets on ground floor
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 15:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- 25/05/2012 to 06/01/2023 - Please be aware that on-site parking at the Windermere Hotel will be charged at a rate of £5 per vehicle, per day. Parking will be subject to availability upon arrival and cannot be prebooked. The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
80% would recommend it to a friend
The Windermere Hotel
We booked a standard room at a Special Price offer but have to say that we wouldn't have liked to pay any more for it.
It was clean, warm and adequate. This was our third visit to the hotel since 2014 which has always been in February and we have always been given the exact same basic room at the back of the hotel - in view of the fact that the hotel was extremely quiet which I believe has been caused by the bad weather of late then a slight upgrade would have been very much appreciated and made a nice change. However the staff are pleasant and the location is very good for all the lovely surrounding areas.
Hotel room was freezing 5 degrees.
Not fery clean and very dated. We were offered a portable heater after having to complain. The hallway of the hotel was so warm we were tempted to sleep out there. Breakfast was great and staff very friendly. Bar area not up to much and only one draught beer and quite over priced. Seems to be aimed at the older generation on coach tours.