- 10 guest reviews
"'Restaurant & Rooms' is an interesting concept & I can see the reasons for such a business model. I thought this would make for a 'hospitali..."
"A minor point: the pillows on the bed are too high to sleep on, it would be good to have a couple of thinner pillows too...."
"Stayed 1 night on the way down to Guildford found just by sheer chance as all accommodation around my destination was booked due to races be..."
"Lovely room, can't wait to return..."
"Although my stay was for two nights only I stayed in a different room on each of the nights. The first room (room 2) was cluttered with old..."
About the hotel
The Mole and Chicken is a wonderful country pub & restaurant with five beautiful letting rooms set high on the border offering outstanding views across Oxfordshire & Buckinghamshire. A warm and friendly reception awaits, and your hosts Steve & Suzanne Bush will endeavour to make your stay as memorable as possible. The 60 cover restaurant offers a blend of British and Mediterranean food using classical cooking techniques and fresh local produce.
A well chosen wine list accompanies the light lunch and a la carte menus and there is also a finer wine and drinks list for the connoisseur. In the winter months relax by the open log fire or enjoy the views from the terrace in the summer, whatever you choose the Mole & Chicken is certain to please!
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Disabled Facilities , Cots available , Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Wake Up Call Available , Ground floor bedrooms
- Car parking available onsite
- Restaurant , Bar
- In Room Entertainment
- TV , Radio
- Disabled Access Public Areas , Disabled Access Bedrooms , Disabled toilets on ground floor , Wheelchair Access , Wheelchair Access To Reception , Wheelchair Access To Restaurant , Wheelchair Access To Bar
- [Channels] News , [Channels] Music
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
90% would recommend it to a friend
Convenient yet rural location
'Restaurant & Rooms' is an interesting concept & I can see the reasons for such a business model.
I thought this would make for a 'hospitality gap' but I was wrong. Staff were welcoming & attentive. The chef took the trouble to let me know by phone when the restaurant closed on the Sunday night ( I hadn't made a reservation)
Room 1, though very comfortable, opened directly onto the road, which gave it a motel feel, especially as smokers & mobile phone users were just outside. A welcome addition to the menu would be a salad and sorbet, to offset the richness of the food. Whilst comfortable seating in which to chat to fellow guests or enjoy a pre dinner drink was limited, it worked. I would come again. The owners have done their homework.
A great place stay, quiet location
A minor point: the pillows on the bed are too high to sleep on, it would be good to have a couple of thinner pillows too.