- Very Good
- 13 guest reviews
"The Rose and Crown is in a lovely quite village a short drive from Sherborne and Yeovil. Very helpful landlady, excellent Breakfast. The Pu..."
"Really good food in the pub and the breakfast was excellent. Filled you up for the rest of the day. Room was basic but clean. Only real down..."
"Nothing artificial and fancy, just a great really old inn complete with creaks, nooks and crannies but very clean and tidy. Food is excellen..."
"If you don't like noise while you're trying to get to sleep, it's probably wise not to book in for a weekend. It is a pub, after all. We cou..."
"Enjoyed our stay here. Rooms quite basic, but extremely comfortable and clean. En-suite would be better, but it is an old building and chang..."
About the hotel
The Rose and Crown is a friendly and cosy 17th Pub in the charming village of Bradford Abbas, run by the sensational and charismatic landlady Mary Ashby. We have a good selection of Ales, draft beers, ciders and wines from Marston’s Brewery. Our two wonderful chefs Arran Gosney and Jacob Kahan have a great selection of food to tickle anyone’s taste buds.
We also have our mouth watering Sunday carvery all locally sourced meat and vegetables, however to avoid disappointment please book a table. We have two newly furbished letting rooms available, one double and one twin. We have free WIFI and pets are also welcome as long as the owner is on the lead! Please note that we do have live music/bands on alternative Saturday nights.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Smoking allowed in public areas
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Children's Facilities - Outdoor , Pets Allowed
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , [Channels] News , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Wake Up Call Available
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 11:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
77% would recommend it to a friend
Weekend for. A Weding
The Rose and Crown is in a lovely quite village a short drive from Sherborne and Yeovil.
Very helpful landlady, excellent Breakfast.
The Pub has only 2 rooms, so a shared toilet really isn't an issue. For a little hide away for a weekend, it was lovely.
Really good food
Really good food in the pub and the breakfast was excellent.
Filled you up for the rest of the day. Room was basic but clean. Only real downside was a shared bathroom. Fortunate that we were the only guests during our stay but were greeted with dirty make up pads in the waste bin and the toilet needed flushing. Guess this should have been checked by the cleaner. Overall enjoyed the stay and would definetly return for a meal if I am in the area again