- Very Good
- 15 guest reviews
"Nothing artificial and fancy, just a great really old inn complete with creaks, nooks and crannies but very clean and tidy. Food is excellen..."
"If you don't like noise while you're trying to get to sleep, it's probably wise not to book in for a weekend. It is a pub, after all. We cou..."
"Enjoyed our stay here. Rooms quite basic, but extremely comfortable and clean. En-suite would be better, but it is an old building and chang..."
"We stayed overnight to attend a friends wedding in the local area. The hostess was very friendly and welcoming and the breakfast was great...."
"This is a really great place to stay. Peaceful country walks if you want them, close to beautiful Sherborne for shopping easy parking. More..."
About the hotel
The Rose and Crown is a friendly and cosy 17th Pub in the charming village of Bradford Abbas, run by the sensational and charismatic landlady Mary Ashby. We have a good selection of Ales, draft beers, ciders and wines from Marston’s Brewery. Our two wonderful chefs Arran Gosney and Jacob Kahan have a great selection of food to tickle anyone’s taste buds.
We also have our mouth watering Sunday carvery all locally sourced meat and vegetables, however to avoid disappointment please book a table. We have two newly furbished letting rooms available, one double and one twin. We have free WIFI and pets are also welcome as long as the owner is on the lead! Please note that we do have live music/bands on alternative Saturday nights.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout , Smoking allowed in public areas
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Children's Facilities - Outdoor , Pets Allowed
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant , Lounge Menu , Bar , Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- Video/DVD Player , TV , [Channels] News , Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Iron And Board In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Wake Up Call Available
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 11:00 hours
- Until 10:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
87% would recommend it to a friend
Hospitality at its best
Nothing artificial and fancy, just a great really old inn complete with creaks, nooks and crannies but very clean and tidy.
Food is excellent and great value. Mary, the landlady is a fantastic a host
Lovely, friendly Inn. Recommended.
If you don't like noise while you're trying to get to sleep, it's probably wise not to book in for a weekend.
It is a pub, after all. We couldn't fault it, though.