- 40 guest reviews
"A nice hotel, tucked away just outside Oxford so makes an ideal base for a city break. Staff were helpful and friendly, although a short del..."
"Executive Room was fantastic, Large comfortable bed and great size bathroom. We had a lovely meal in the restaurant. Highly recommended...."
"We chose this hotel based on this websites reviews. We had a great stay in the suite as we were travelling with a 3 1/2 year old and a 1 yea..."
"We enjoyed our stay here very much. The hotel dates from the 1500s and has plenty of atmosphere. We took our car, as this hotel is outside O..."
"The accommodation was an amazing, large room with bathroom en suite Room 8. The staff were extremely attentive and the food was great. Would..."
About the hotel
The Bear and Ragged Staff is just 2 miles away from the A34, 4 miles West of Oxford and without all the city centre parking issues. It is just off the main A420 to Swindon and Bristol. A stay at the Bear is much more than a “B&B” experience, guests have full access to the bars, snugs, log fires, decking/garden in the summer and the main restaurant.
Perfect for a romantic weekend or for the busy traveling businessperson. Rooms in the Old Cottage Wing all boast en suite bathrooms and high ceilings. There is full access to broadband and Wi-Fi connectivity. King sized beds are standard throughout, desks, full length mirrors for preparing for that special romantic dinner or business meeting are featured. Above the Old Pub which is housed in the original part of the Bear dating back more than 450 years, we have refurbished the “Landlord’s Wing” which has historically been used as accommodation for the succession of landlords who have graced the Bear since it was converted into a pub in the 1860s. This part of the building provides another five rooms and bursts with features such as wiggly beams, sloping floors, quirky staircases and of course, ghosts. . . . . . . !!
Showing Saturday 28 March 2015 to Sunday 29 March 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Disabled Facilities
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Interconnecting rooms available, Children's Facilities - Outdoor
- Car parking available onsite, Car Parking Available Offsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Wi-Fi Available In Rooms
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- TV, [Channels] News, [Channels] Movies (Free), Radio
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Currency Exchange
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 12:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
100% would recommend it to a friend
A great little hotel
A nice hotel, tucked away just outside Oxford so makes an ideal base for a city break.
Staff were helpful and friendly, although a short delay for a table for dinner was understandable given how busy they were. Room was nicely appointed, although one or two areas in the bathroom could do with closer inspection by the cleaners, but nothing seriously gross, just not spotless. The downer for us was an issue with breakfast the following morning, where it became clear that hygiene practices in the kitchen weren't all they should be. A quiet word with the manager assured me that this was a one off error, and would be corrected to ensure it wasn't repeated. After a gentle nudge to correct the charges, everyone left happy to return.
Can not wait to return.
Executive Room was fantastic, Large comfortable bed and great size bathroom.
We had a lovely meal in the restaurant. Highly recommended.