- Very Good
- 113 guest reviews
"Received a warm welcome at Reception. Member of staff offered to take luggage to our room. We found all members of staff to be friendly and..."
"Enjoyed our trip to Northallerton and the Golden Lion. A very old hotel and our room was quirky with sloping floors and ceilings. The plumbi..."
"We found the hotel very comfortable and central to the town. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. I recommend this hotel to anyone..."
"Staff very helpful . Room clean and tidy. Good breakfast. Will have no problem staying again...."
"The hotel is a maze of stairs and corridors. Well signposted. I was at the top of the hotel where the room was adequate but not spectacular...."
About the hotel
The Golden Lion is located in the centre of Northallerton, a traditional bustling market town, full of character and antiquity. When you first see the Georgian facade of the Golden Lion overlooking the market place in Northallerton, you almost feel the hustle and bustle of the coaching era. Whether you are on leisure or business, you’ll find the hospitality just as warm as it was in heady times of the horse drawn coach.
Set in the heart of North Yorkshire, the Golden Lion Hotel is conveniently placed between the A1 and A19. Leeds, Newcastle and York are all within an hour’s journey by car or rail. Northallerton is particularly well positioned for race goers and golfers alike, as it is within easy reach of Bedale, Ripon, Thirsk, Wetherby and York.
Showing Monday 4 May 2015 to Tuesday 5 May 2015Change Search
We currently have no rooms available for this hotel that match your search criteria. Try changing your search or select an alternative hotel.
- Disabled Facilities, Smoking allowed in public areas, Smoking allowed in bedrooms
- Family friendly
- Cots available, Interconnecting rooms available
- Wedding Licence, Porter
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available, Meeting Facilities, In-room Broadband, Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas, Private dining services
- Restaurant, Lounge Menu, Bar, Breakfast to go
- In room entertainment
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room, Hairdryer in each room, Trouser press in each room, Iron And Board In Each Room, Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service, Limited room service for hot food, Wake Up Call Available
- Disabled Access Public Areas, Disabled toilets on ground floor, Wheelchair Access, Wheelchair Access To Reception, Wheelchair Access To Restaurant, Wheelchair Access To Bar, Wheelchair Access To Conference Rooms, Wheelchair Access To Disabled Car Parking Spaces
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The LateRooms.com rates for The Golden Lion Hotel in Northallerton are the total price of the room and not the 'per person' rate. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are not allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
89% would recommend it to a friend
Stay at the Golden Lion, Northallerton.
Received a warm welcome at Reception.
Member of staff offered to take luggage to our room. We found all members of staff to be friendly and helpful. Restaurant manager was very friendly and joined in with our banter. Food and service were excellent. Our room [ No. 32 ] and surrounding area were recently refurbished and redecorated to a good standard. Room was a good size and well appointed with comfortable beds. Beautifully decorated and fitted bathroom. Only problem was with toilet cistern which did not flush properly, despite following printed instructions; reported at reception.
Enjoyed our trip to Northallerton and the Golden Lion.
A very old hotel and our room was quirky with sloping floors and ceilings. The plumbing was ancient too and the hot water was slow and weak. Food was very good and staff were friendly and helpful.