- 8 guest reviews
"I was a little disappointed with the standard room we booked. It was in urgent need of refurbishing. Although clean the furniture and beddin..."
"Friendly, helpful staff. Great food. Excellent value for money...."
"Having had a very stressful year so far, we wanted to stay where we knew we would be well looked after. ALL the staff are friendly and reall..."
"We had a wonderful time in Symonds Yat soaking up the views around the river. Beautiful walks and amazingly great weather for Jan, topped of..."
"We stayed at The Old Court for seven nights. We were lucky enough to be offered an upgrade which was appreciated. The bed was very comfortab..."
About the hotel
The Old Court is an Elizabethan Manor House which was converted into a hotel in the late 1960s. The hotel is set in the Lower Wye Valley within the ANOB. The setting is perfect for all country pursuits from a gentle stroll along the River Wye to more energetic Canoeing or moresedate Fishing and Shooting.
We are perfectly located for exploring the Brecon Beacons, Malvern Hills, Wye Valley and Cotswolds. Bristol, Cheltenham and Cardiff are all also on the doorstep if in need of some retail therapy! The hotel has a spacious garden where you can sit on the Patio and drink coffee or hide away at the back of the garden behind the beds and shrubs. The hotel has a fabulous Tudor Dining Room which is candlelit each evening served hearty a la carte food. It also boasts the busy Cotswold Bar with a more informal menu but with the same hearty value behind the dishes.
- Hotel Non-Smoking Throughout
- Family friendly
- Cots available , Children's Facilities - Outdoor , Pets Allowed
- Wedding Licence , Ground floor bedrooms
- Parking (charges may apply)
- Car parking available onsite
- Wi-Fi Available , Meeting Facilities , In-room Broadband , In-room Modem Hook up , Wi-Fi Available In Public Areas , Private dining services
- Restaurant , Bar
- In room entertainment
- TV , [Channels] News , [Channels] Childrens
- In room facilities
- Tea/Coffee making facilities in each room , Hairdryer in each room , Telephone In Each Room
- Hotel services
- Limited Hours Room Service , Limited room service for hot food , Laundry/Valet Service , Wake Up Call Available
Useful Info Show/hide
- From 14:00 hours
- Until 11:00 hours
- The price shown is based on the occupancy and dates you have searched for. Prices and availability are subject to change based on the arrival date, number of nights and occupancy searched for. All prices are inclusive of all local taxes.
- Pets are allowed
Our reviews are from genuine LateRooms.com customers. We verify that the customer has stayed before leaving a review.
88% would recommend it to a friend
I was a little disappointed with the standard room we booked.
It was in urgent need of refurbishing. Although clean the furniture and bedding were of poor quality. The ensuite was obviously new but the shower screen was too short, hence the wet floor. If I was to book again I would book a bigger room. The staff were very welcoming.
Overpriced for what was on offer
The main house looks lovely but our room was tired and dated and quite honestly the food isn't great.